View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:29 pm 
I using a HDHomerun and want to scan to pick up only a few channels.

I have a channel at 2_1 as a HDHomerun channel entry.

I recently installed a new TV and when it finished the cable scan it found 2_1, 2_2, 2_3 on the new tv.
Is it possible to scan for just those channel without doing a full scan.

I tried doing a full scan, it found them once but also added lot of other garbage channels that I don't really want. So I went back and did another scan did a manual insert option but never found the channels I wanted.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:13 pm 
yes you can constrain the search but you have to know the actual channel numbers for example my Channel 2.1-2.4 is on VHF 13 so I would do a scan for 12-14. When they did the digital transition each TV station was broadcasting on two different channels so their real numbers and their station ID numbers got mixed up. Here is a list of channels although I don't see a 2.1 on the list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_te ... n_Kentucky
"Alt S" to go to setup go down to "INPUT CONNECTIONS" Select HDHR and down near the bottom is "Scan for channels" next to "Fetch Channels" select scan.
At the bottom of the "Scan Configuration" window it says "Scanning Range"
Just figure out what the actual "analog equivalent" channel is and scan from either side of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:38 pm 
Thanks for the suggestion, but how do I apply to a clear QAM scan? When I look at the database it ID's my channel 2_1 as an ATSC channel but I can't figure out how to just scan for ATSC channels.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:18 am 
Well that's a horse of a different color. Clear QAM channles are a pain to figure out since cable companies don't publish the real channel numbers I've always done it the hard way by adding all the channels and then deleting them. You could use the HDHR software http://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/downloads/ and figure out the real channel numbers that way. The Tuner scans much faster through this interface.