Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:32 pm 
Code:
ACPITIME=`cat /proc/acpi/alarm`
                if [ "$HWCLOCKACCESS" != no ]
                then
                    if [ "$VERBOSE" != no ]
                    then
                        echo "Saving the System /etc/init.d/hwclock.shClock time to the Hardware Clock..."
                    fi
                    [ "$GMT" = "-u" ] && GMT="--utc"
                        /sbin/hwclock --systohc $GMT $BADYEAR
                    if [ "$VERBOSE" != no ]
                    then
                        echo "Hardware Clock updated to `date`."
                    fi
echo "$ACPITIME" > /proc/acpi/alarm
hwclocksh "$@"

This is the last 16 lines of my /etc/init.d hwclock.sh, the hwclocksh "$@" line was already there. The other 15 I added.

Quote:
Also shutdown -h does not work for me, but shutdown -h now will shut the compter down. Should I use that in the shutdown and the reboot area on mythwelcome setup?

I used below 2 commands for shutdown and reboot.

Code:
sudo halt

Code:
sudo reboot

Also make sure you add /usr/local/bin/setwakeup.sh to sudoers file otherwise mythtv user won't be able to run. (I think was mentioned in this thread)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:18 am 
spalVl wrote:

I used below 2 commands for shutdown and reboot.

Code:
sudo halt

Code:
sudo reboot

My system turned on this am. Thank you for the help. Why halt and reboot versus shutdown -h now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:20 pm 
rkshack wrote:
Why halt and reboot versus shutdown -h now?

halt and reboot commands are what Cecil and Dale use in the knoppmyth.xml menu for shutdown and reboot. I figured best to stick to a consistent command for the distro.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:34 pm 
I thought I had everything working. I am not sure whats going on. I had it turning off correctly but it did not turn on this afternoon. (I thought it turned on this am but I am not sure now). When turning on failed I tried to fix the turn on problem. I haven't got that straight yet but right now it won't even turn off. There are 2 issues.

1. Sometimes mythwelcome says that mythtv is idle but it does not start counting down. Why is that?

2. Now my system counts down to 0 and then pauses for a few seconds and starts back over at 60 which is where I have it set to wait for turning off. It just keeps doing that over and over. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
I see that once in a while myself. Restarting the backend usually fixes it up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 am 
cecil wrote:
I see that once in a while myself. Restarting the backend usually fixes it up...

Rebooting did not seem to make a difference but I will recheck. Would you recommend hitting alt 1 and then alt 3?

rkshack

Post subject: sudoers error
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:34 pm 
I had made an error in my sudoers file. I typed in halt so that mythwelcome could run it but I forgot to put in the leading forward slash. That stopped the continuous counting. I made the changes to sudoers file and rebooted. It counted down and turned off. I turned the computer on manually because I wanted to set a recording up to see if it would turn on. It counted down to 10 secs and did nothing. If I went into the frontend and exited out it would count down to 10 again and freeze. It sat there for about 15 min until the recording I had scheduled had started. Any suggestions.

Post subject: Re: sudoers error
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:53 pm 
rkshack wrote:
I had made an error in my sudoers file. I typed in halt so that mythwelcome could run it but I forgot to put in the leading forward slash. That stopped the continuous counting. I made the changes to sudoers file and rebooted. It counted down and turned off. I turned the computer on manually because I wanted to set a recording up to see if it would turn on. It counted down to 10 secs and did nothing. If I went into the frontend and exited out it would count down to 10 again and freeze. It sat there for about 15 min until the recording I had scheduled had started. Any suggestions.

You shouldn't need to do anything in sudoers for "halt, and reboot" that is why I use those command Cecil has sudo for those commands setup out of the box.

When you start up KM manually and go into MythWelcome, it will not shutdown. You have to go into frontend and then exit back to MythWelcome for idle timeout to work.

Post subject: Re: sudoers error
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:43 pm 
spalVl wrote:
When you start up KM manually and go into MythWelcome, it will not shutdown. You have to go into frontend and then exit back to MythWelcome for idle timeout to work.

I have realized that recently. The problem I am having is the counter counts down to 0 and nothing happens. It just stops. It does not turn off. This is after I have gone into the front end and exited out to mythwelcome. If I don't go into the frontend it does not countdown like you said.

rkshack

Edit: My box turned on last evening and recorded the nights shows. But it did not turn off. This am I rebooted the tivo by typing sudo reboot from the mythwelcome xterm. It rebooted then I entered the frontend and after I exited it counted down and turned off. Don't know why it worked this am but not last night. Any suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:43 pm 
rkshack wrote:
I have realized that recently. The problem I am having is the counter counts down to 0 and nothing happens. It just stops. It does not turn off. This is after I have gone into the front end and exited out to mythwelcome. If I don't go into the frontend it does not countdown like you said.

rkshack

Edit: My box turned on last evening and recorded the nights shows. But it did not turn off. This am I rebooted the tivo by typing sudo reboot from the mythwelcome xterm. It rebooted then I entered the frontend and after I exited it counted down and turned off. Don't know why it worked this am but not last night. Any suggestions.

What version of KnoppMyth are you using? I have been trying to help a friend with R5D1 and finding a few bugs from my R5F1 install. Not sure I have it figured out yet either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:27 pm 
spalVl wrote:
What version of KnoppMyth are you using? I have been trying to help a friend with R5D1 and finding a few bugs from my R5F1 install. Not sure I have it figured out yet either.

I am using r5f1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:47 pm 
rkshack wrote:
I am using r5f1.

Try putting "sudo /sbin/halt" in both the restart and shutdown fields. On my friend's R5D1 install it was rebooting rather than shutting down until we made both fields shutdown.

tohc1 mentioned on 1st page on using shutdown command twice.

Here are the specs of the system I had issue with.
http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewto ... highlight=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:07 pm 
For some reason it is shutting down now. I have not made any changes though. It is not starting up every time though. Some times it does some times it doesnt'. I was going to wfite the time to the bios twice as mentioned in the wiki.

Do I edit the line:
#echo "2005-12-29 10:10:04" >/proc/acpi/alarm && sleep 1 && echo "2005-12-29 10:10:04" >/proc/acpi/alarm
( I could enter: echo $b>/proc/acpi/alarm && sleep 1 && echo $b>/proc/acpi/alarm

or can I just copy the line
echo $b>/proc/acpi/alarm

so that it is listed twice in setwakeup.sh.

Thanks
rkshack

edit: My most recent try, I manually booted the computer @ 2210 and did cat >proc/acpi/alarm and got 2007-00-00 21:57:00. My computer did not turn on at 21:57 that night.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4