View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:08 am 
I just found this out. I hope this isn't too newbie or dumb, but I thought it might help out someone else as I had been stumped on this for a while.

dvd .vobs are not deleted (at least on my box R5D1) after a transcode. So if you want to re-rip you can't. I beat my head on this for a while, trying work-a-rounds all for not.

SYMPTOM:
DVD will fail to transcode. (at least in Excellent mode, I don't try the others much). The log file (myth/tmp/mtd.log) says it can't create directory.

CAUSE:
Transcode can't create the directory, because it already exists due to having rip previously. Therefore the transcode shuts down before it begins.

FIX:
Easy, delete the temp files. rm -r (DVD_directory) --force.

CONCLUSION:
I don't know if this only effects me as I haven't seen it discussed here or on the mailing list that I could find. But it seems like a script could be used to delete the temp files when a new rip is started. This would ensure that the transcode didn't fail due to the file already existing and it would allow the disk space to be 'occupied' so a transcode could be run without running out of room.