View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Re: R5F1 -> R5F27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:11 am 
zer0vector wrote:
I have a relatively new install of R5F1 running well now, with no add-ons or customizations. The only adjustments I had to make were the osd_compat=1 flag to get the PVR-350 out to work and I disabled a module to get my remote working more reliably.

If those are the only changes you had to make, I recommend doing a backup in the KnoppMyth menu, and then rebooting with your R5F27 CD and choosing Auto Upgrade. Your tvout on the PVR-350 will probably work without edits in R5F27, and you can always disable the same module you did last time for your remote.

I would hazard a guess that maybe 80% of KnoppMyth users can probably do the same thing. TJC's guide documents all the gotchas that happen when people try to jump several versions at once or need to support customizations that upgrading may kill unless you're careful. I always instruct Dragon owners to just do a backup/upgrade, because I test that behavior with every release, and it works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 am 
Another question:
When I installed R5D1, I had to remove my PCHDTV5500 from the box until after the installation was complete, or it would stall on alsa setup (I think that was where it hung up...)

Has this issue been resolved, or should I pull the card out for the R5F27 install?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:30 am 
Site Admin
No such issue was encountered or reported by testers. If this is happens, you know the fix. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:56 am 
kmkittre wrote:
Has this issue been resolved, or should I pull the card out for the R5F27 install?

I tested on a Dragon 1.x that had an hd5500 installed, and there were no such problems. You probably encountered errors related to the hd5500's rudimentary sound device conflicting with your real sound device, and that's been worked around in F27.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:29 pm 
hi,

Just as a heads up, I just finished a manual upgrade to R5F27 selecting no to 350 tv out. The xserver failed to start. Upon investigation, the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.pre350 was empty :( A simple copy of xorg.conf.1st into the empty .pre350 restored the xserver.

Not sure but this may occur with the other upgrades / installs if no is selected for the tv out on a 350 card.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:37 pm 
Human wrote:
I tested on a Dragon 1.x that had an hd5500 installed, and there were no such problems. You probably encountered errors related to the hd5500's rudimentary sound device conflicting with your real sound device, and that's been worked around in F27.

Cool, thanks for the info.

mjl wrote:
Just as a heads up, I just finished a manual upgrade to R5F27 selecting no to 350 tv out. The xserver failed to start.

Has this happened to anyone else? I also have a 350 card in my backend, and it is a backend only so I don't want tv out... Thanks for providing a work-around, though, so I know what to try if I run into the same issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:39 pm 
slowtolearn wrote:
aaronb wrote:
I did an upgrade today from R5A15 (had been running rock-solid since early 2005, but the zap2it departure finally necessitated an upgrade) to R5F1, and this guide made it pretty painless. I did get a "restoration failed" message at one point, but everything seemed to work OK afterwards.

The only problem I have now is the channels are all called "Added channel 2", etc. I'm guessing it's a Schedules Direct quirk, I'll wait a day or two and try to update my video source.
If you upgraded to R5F1 as you stated above, you have no access to SchedulesDirect. You need R5F27 for that (or to compile from SVN)...

Sorry, forgot to mention I upgraded to R5F1, and then followed cecil's instructions on compiling from SVN (looks like I missed R5F27 by about 45 minutes, :) ), so I do have access to SD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm 
aaronb wrote:
Sorry, forgot to mention I upgraded to R5F1, and then followed cecil's instructions on compiling from SVN (looks like I missed R5F27 by about 45 minutes, :) ), so I do have access to SD
So are you still experiencing the "Added channel 2" issue? Have you tried dropping your Video sources and redefining them?

You could always upgrade to R5F27...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:12 pm 
slowtolearn wrote:
aaronb wrote:
So are you still experiencing the "Added channel 2" issue? Have you tried dropping your Video sources and redefining them?

You could always upgrade to R5F27...

Yes, after upgrading to R5F1 and compiling Myth from svn I dropped my video sources and tuner cards and then added them again before setting up SD. The channels all work correctly, they just aren't named correctly. I think I'll try upgrading to R5F27 this weekend.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4