View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:00 pm 
Hi guys,

I saw a few of you were having problems getting your usb controllers to work in FCEU. I did a search and didn't see any solutions posted so here is what I did to fix the issue.

First of all, the version that comes with MythTV is broken. You need to upgrade to the latest version (0.98.10 at the time of this writing) and compile it (you shouldn't have any problems as all the needed files are included with KnoppMyth already). After compiling fceu and installing it, from an xterm run this command:

fceu -inputcfg gamepad1 <rom name>

Unlike in .96r4, this configuration tool works. Setup your controller and enjoy. Fceu saves all your configurations to a file for future reading and you'll never have to mess with commandline options again once you have set them.

P.S. It's possible hotplug isn't installing the needed drivers for your usb controller at bootup (like on my box) so run:

/etc/init.d/hotplug restart

and it should detect and install all the neccesary drivers for your controller. :D

Hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:37 pm 
I configured both of my gamepads just fine...and when I run from an xterm, everything works great. But when I run from within MythGame, the gamepads don't work. I've copied the exact same command line switches and everything from the xterm to the game setup, and still nothing. Why might this be? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:29 am 
Did you do the xterm config as the mythtv user or as root? If as root then do the xterm config as user mythtv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:34 am 
nickread wrote:
Did you do the xterm config as the mythtv user or as root? If as root then do the xterm config as user mythtv.

Ahhhhh, interesting, I didn't think of that. Thanks, I'll try it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:36 am 
nickread wrote:

Ahhhhh, interesting, I didn't think of that. Thanks, I'll try it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:06 am 
That seemed to fix it! For some reason, it was a bear calibrating/configuring my gravis gamepads this morning.....they should wouldn't get the d-pad right. Maybe it's time to look for another controller, or splurge on the NES USB controllers. Thanks again!