View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:58 am 
Hi Aussies,

Well, Channel 7 HD now has officially different shows on its HD channel (70) and Channel Ten will from Sunday. Here's what to do to get the correct EPG, using oztivo (community guide):

1. Go to the twiki and add SevenHD and/or TenHD to your selection
2. Run the following on your knoppmyth box:

Code:
echo "UPDATE channel set name='TEN HD Digital',callsign='TEN HD  digital',xmltvid='TenHD' WHERE channum=1;UPDATE channel set xmltvid='SevenHD' WHERE channum=70" |mysql -u root mythconverg

That command is all in one line.

3. run mythfilldatabase (that is, type "mythfilldatabase" on the terminal).

Cheers

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:56 pm 
Hi Mike,

Very cool, i noticed this the other day on yourtv.com.au (or something like that). Havent had a look at it yet, although did update my oztivo info to provide the new HD guide.

I did notice that when i added the new EPG channels (at oztivo), that 7HD had (Melb/VIC) in the description, and 10HD had (Syd) in the description.... cant find that detail now, but the EPG info seems to match what is being outlined in yourtv.com.au.

Very nice... i just need a projector that can deal with more than SD! :)

Cooling: Zalman cu?,
Display: Benq xx projector

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:10 pm 
Hi Nathan,

I'd thought there was a possibility it wasn't all of us getting the new stuff. Ten has been flogging it for over a month now, and seven made a very brief announcement (which I missed), so I know the changes apply to Melbourne (and therefore Sydney since they're a bigger city).

You'll know on Sunday either way.

Cheers

Mike

P.S. Tell me. I've already modified the Aus tweaker script for new installations, so if we don't all get it, I'll have to modify it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:17 am 
thanks mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 am 
I'm not seeing a lot of data on the oztivo web interface for the new high def channels. Am I doing something wrong, or are the high def channels only partially populated?

I am currently just using the same data from the standard def channel and just selecting to record from the channel I want depending on whether a show gets simulcast in HD. If the programming is going to be totally separate, then my method is not going to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:01 pm 
I found in my setup Channel 12 was TenHD not 1 as your script assumes. From memory Channel 1 is simply a duplicate of Channel 10 in the scans, that is from my experience. I actually delete Channel 1 and the extra Channel 7 detected as it would just confuse the wife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:06 pm 
What I also just found out is the two new HD channels have the guide data times in Australia Eastern Daylight Saving Time and for folks in Brisbane (like me) this data is useless, as it is an hour ahead.

After doing a bit more research on the channel 10 website Erin Brockovick is on SD and HD, whereas the Guide data (as well as a commercial I saw this morning) Black Hawk Down is supposed to be on. WTF?

Is the time difference thing able to be fixed as I suspect there will be a programming difference.

<edit>Posed question and other info.</edit>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:32 pm 
Girkers wrote:
I found in my setup Channel 12 was TenHD not 1 as your script assumes. From memory Channel 1 is simply a duplicate of Channel 10 in the scans, that is from my experience. I actually delete Channel 1 and the extra Channel 7 detected as it would just confuse the wife.

I should clear this up, as far as I can (I'm no expert, but have read the info on the Ch 10 web site).

Channel 1 *was* a duplicate of Channel 10. Now, it is a new HD channel (it went HD a month or so back). Channel 12 has always (AFAIK) been the HD version of their ordinary channel (digital 10). Channel 7's HD channel is 70. This hasn't changed, but now 70 has different programs (not just the stupid HD landscapes-by-helicopter it used to be).

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:58 pm 
Girkers wrote:
After doing a bit more research on the channel 10 website Erin Brockovick is on SD and HD, whereas the Guide data (as well as a commercial I saw this morning) Black Hawk Down is supposed to be on. WTF?

Is the time difference thing able to be fixed as I suspect there will be a programming difference.

On mine (from oztivo) it's Black Hawk Down for Channel 1, and Erin Brockovich on Channel 10/12. Interestingly, Channels 11,13,14,15 are all gone now. These were duplicates of Ch 10, and I guess they now need the bandwidth from all of these for the extra HD channel. Anyway, I digress. Here is a bit of the entry from oztivo for TenHD for tonight 8:30

Code:
<programme start="20071216093000" stop="20071216122500" channel="TenHD">
    <title>Black Hawk Down</title>
    <desc>A battalion of elite US paratroopers become involved in a battle with a city of combatants while on a mission in Somalia.</desc>
    <credits>

You have something wrong in your setup. Did you apply the changes?

With the time difference, you will probably need to set up your .mythtv/digital.xml (or whatever you called it) manually. /usr/bin/tv_grab_au explains what you need to do, but I'd imagine it's something like:
'<channel display="Channel 10 HD" tvguide="TenHD" channeltz="-0100"/>'

Not too sure, but it's documented in tv_grab_au. I'd turn the filter on, add just the channel in question, run mythfilldatabase and see what happens. Once you get it right, it should be smooth. Let me know what you did to get it all working and I'll attempt to automate it a little better.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:16 pm 
Does anyone know if the regional stations are going to follow their metro partners with extra HD channels?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:52 am 
I would like to report that ManicMikes helped worked a treat, I also had to do it for channel 7 as well.

Prior to making the changes I did a rescan of the channels as Channel 7 advertised that they were making changes and you had to rescan after the 18th of December.