View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:02 am 
I've got a pvr350 and a pvr250. For a while one would work fine but the other would have choppy video and sometimes no sound. This turned out to be an IRQ conflict.

In your bios, disable everything you can that you don't need:
Serial ports
Parallel port
Floppy drive
IR port
PS/2 (just use usb)
Onboard sound, video
etc...

After I did this, video was fine but I was still missing sound from one of the tuners. I don't understand why, but "updatedb" and a reboot fixed it.

If you're hanging onto a ps/2 keyboard because you can't boot without it, take another look at your bios. I just needed to enable bios support for usb keyboards but I didn't even see the option the first 3 times I went looking for it. (Abit NF7-M)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:28 pm 
Quote:
I don't understand why, but "updatedb" and a reboot fixed it.

probobly more the reboot then updatedb.. i like the new ivtv drivers because their autodetec tuner stuff works great, even with new tuners.. so if you have any problems with ivtv jump to the release candadit ones..

http://ivtv.no-ip.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:37 am 
I have an Abit NF7-M and I could get past the USB keyboard, but the USB mouse (or lack of a PS/2 mouse) would halt the kernel every time. I wonder what the difference could be. Did you say you were using R4V5?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:04 am 
Liv2Cod wrote:
I have an Abit NF7-M and I could get past the USB keyboard, but the USB mouse (or lack of a PS/2 mouse) would halt the kernel every time. I wonder what the difference could be. Did you say you were using R4V5?

Hmm, I'm not familiar with this board, but could there be bios settings and/or bios updates to deal with this issue?

Looking at the abit site, they seem to have done some bios changes regarding problems with USB and PS2 mouse behaviour:

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bio ... =1&model=7

-brendan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:23 am 
It's kind of hard to find but there IS a bios setting that will get you going. It's something like "bios support for usb keyboards". I can't tell you exactly where it is because I'm nowhere near that machine right now. But you'll find it if you keep looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:58 pm 
badrelish wrote:
It's kind of hard to find but there IS a bios setting that will get you going. It's something like "bios support for usb keyboards".

Yes, I found and tried that setting along with numerous other things. Nothing helped. Can you confirm that you are using R4V5 as your base? It seems to be dependent on the release version of KnoppMyth. If you search for "blinky keyboard" or similar you will find lots of people with the same problem. The BIOS fix does not work for most people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:55 am 
@gr8nash
are you using the 0.2.0 or 0.3.0 drivers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:58 am 
.2 is what i use.. Insane people or devs use .3 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:59 pm 
Quote:
Yes, I found and tried that setting along with numerous other things. Nothing helped. Can you confirm that you are using R4V5 as your base? It seems to be dependent on the release version of KnoppMyth. If you search for "blinky keyboard" or similar you will find lots of people with the same problem. The BIOS fix does not work for most people.

Yes, I am using r4v5. And I have the exact same motherboard as you. I just went into my bios to see if I missed anything that might help you. Here's the whats and wheres:

Integrated Peripherals
- Onboard PCI Device
-- USB Controller - V1.1 - V2.0
-- USB Keyboard Support - BIOS
-- USB Mouse Support - BIOS
-- USB 2.0 Device Compliant - Enabled

Looking back at your original post, maybe it's just mouse support that isn't set right...

Good luck
dw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:51 am 
Is there a KVM switch involved? I noticed the blinky keyboard problem twice recently on my shuttle system. Both times I'd used the KVM to navigate away from the KnoppMyth box and forgot to navigate back in a timely manner.

[Or perhaps I'm seeing a similar but different mouse-related problem in my situation.]

-brendan