View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:40 pm 
Hi,

The R5C7 did the tv out on the 350 for me (several times), only issue is if planning to do tv out, don't do bootsplash or it won't work after a reboot. There is a simple repair but the question would be why bother with bootsplash as you won't see it with out a monitor..

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:47 am 
mjl wrote:
R5C7 has it's own script to get the 350's TV out working

I've tried it and it seems to work. Still have to do a lot before I get MythTV fully working. I'm totally new to this. So I don't no yet if everything works. I do get the MythTV screen on my TV.

But my question is. Does this setup_350.sh script also does the correct settings for PAL, or do I still have to tweak for PAL after I ran the script?

Other question, what does the setup_350a.sh script do? Is this a revised 350 model script of an audio ('a') related script??

Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:57 pm 
spud101 wrote:
Other question, what does the setup_350a.sh script do? Is this a revised 350 model script of an audio ('a') related script??

Look inside the scripts and it will become clear. One script calls the other. They are not two versions of the same script.

This script executes durring instailation and prompts you if it detects a pvr-350. There should be no reason to execute the scripts manualy afterwards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:33 pm 
Ok, I didn't see the post above until after I installed R5C7. I had no idea what "bootsplash" meant so I figured what the heck and answered yes to the question.

I briefly had a semi-functional R5C7 setup. By semi-functional I mean that I got the mythfrontend GUI on my monitor and when I selected a recording to playback my monitor went blank and I could run to the other room to see the recording playing on the TV and even control the playback with the Hauppage remote.

Now, my end goal is to have mythfrontend and all playback (TV recordings, divx TV recordings I made using Windows, DVDs in ISO or divx/xvid format) on the TV set and a regular non-Mythtv Linux desktop on the VGA output.

In order to reach this goal I started doing some research and soon found out that my XF86Config-4 is a symlink to XF86Config-4.350. On a hunch and the info from this forum topic, I rebooted.

Sure enough the boot process errored out when trying to start X11. I ended up with a text login in the middle of what appears to be a picture of a TV set with speakers with the work knoppmyth underneath.

My logs are here http://chakobsa.net/mythtv/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:57 pm 
Hi,
You have two choices as I see it. Edit lilo.conf and change vga to = normal then run lilo -v or edit XF86Config-4 and change fb0 to fb1.
Reboot
Mike

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11