View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:16 pm 
DaJoob wrote:
I used this script yesterday to set up my 350's TV-out. It's worked for me in the past on R5A12 and R5A22, but now I'm not getting any sound. I checked /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv and the line "simple=1" is not there. Anyone else having problems or know what to do?

Do you rerout the sound fromt he pvr-350 into your soundcard? If so make sure you didn't mute the line-in on the soundcard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:16 pm 
Physically, everything is exactly the same as when I used R5A22 (and had working sound), so it must be something with the software.

I don't have the sound rerouted from the pvr-350 to the soundcard because I use the sound from the TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:17 pm 
Hmmm, I've never had to re-route the sound. There is some command like "alsamixer" or something that brings up a utility that allows you to mute/unmute and set the line levels.

All I can say is that from a stock install, when I run the utility right afterwards that I get sound and video coming straight out the pvr350.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:35 pm 
I ran aumix to increase the line in level, it was at minimum after fresh install. I have to do this after every boot. Sorry this probably belongs in a diffferent thread.

I have PVR350 audio out to sound card line in and the sound card out to receiver.

alsamixer did not work for me

My audio is integrated on mobo
ESS Technology ES1988 Allegro-1

SnapperDragon wrote:
Hmmm, I've never had to re-route the sound. There is some command like "alsamixer" or something that brings up a utility that allows you to mute/unmute and set the line levels.

All I can say is that from a stock install, when I run the utility right afterwards that I get sound and video coming straight out the pvr350.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:40 pm 
rick_rolstin wrote:
I ran aumix to increase the line in level, it was at minimum after fresh install. I have to do this after every boot.

Everytime I install/upgrade I su to root and run alsamixer to set the line-in volume. After that the line-in volume stays correct after rebooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:52 pm 
I ran

"perl R5Beta7-pvr350.pl -r"

and then

"perl R5Beta7-pvr350.pl -i"

and everything worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:41 pm 
It seems to work, but the output on the TV seems to be cropped on the sides a little bit. Is there any way to resolve this? I'm using R5Beta7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:42 am 
I've a script that I've written to take the place of SnapperDragon's (much thanks SD), I could use a few testers. If you'd like to test the script and help improve KnoppMyth for all, please PM me.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:25 pm 
I've got my Hauppauge 350 working OK, connected to my TV via svideo. The problem is on my 550Mhz PIII, my CPU is pretty much 100% utilized when playing back MPEG2 video recorded from the 350.

Video is sometimes choppy, but mostly OK. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I check use 350 output in the MythTV setup. I thought that the 350's hardware decoder would mean that I'd need minimal CPU power to playback MPEG2 video.

Is there anyway to verify that I'm using hardware decoding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:13 pm 
Quote:
I thought that the 350's hardware decoder would mean that I'd need minimal CPU power to playback MPEG2 video.

That is true. But the amount of memory installed on the machine also plays an important role. I'm using a 350 on a P3 950 with 192MB of ram. Runs beautifully on playback using fresh install and SnapperDragon's script.

The skipping could be caused by the combination of mid-level processor (for myth, anyway) and a low amount of ram. I've seen most forums/guides recommend 128-256MB, even with a pvr-350 if an older processor was being used.

As for checking capture settings, look under "setup-tv settings-recording profiles." You should have "transcoders" and another option called MPG2 encoder if you are using the hardware encoder.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:25 pm 
Sound works through the soundcard/speakers. As long as I was using the VGA output when I changed over to the TV-Out. No sound control through the speakers.

Fresh install (well 3 installs I thought I was doing something wrong)
When using "aumix" from remote terminal the volume can be controlled.
The "Silver" remote that came with the 350 just does not have any effect.
The volume bar does move on the screen when trying to use the remote it just not change the volume.

I would like to get this to work. But, I will connect the 350's sound output to the TV and use the TV's remote to control sound if I have to. I prefer the soundcard/speaker's sound to the TV's.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:52 am 
Mythin1 wrote:
I would like to get this to work. But, I will connect the 350's sound output to the TV and use the TV's remote to control sound if I have to. I prefer the soundcard/speaker's sound to the TV's.

Did you read the wiki entry for the prv-350? It explanes that to have volume control with the pvr-350 you have to re route the pvr-350's line-out into the line-in on your sound card, adjust the soundcard's mixer, and tell mythtv to adjust a different mixer channel. Then your silver hauppauge remote will control the volume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:47 am 
ryanpatterson

I would like to say I read the wiki about the 350. But, apparently I only looked at it. :oops:

It works now. The PCM/MASTER change did it.

Thank You

Post subject: Fatal error
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:05 pm 
This script gave me a fatal error after running R5Beta7-pvr350.pl for the SECOND time (first time was no problem). After the error the script continues on and says it completed. However, after restart, I get an XFree86 error that does not allow me to get into mythtv.

upon restart, the error is:
"mythtv cannot connect to x server"

any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:51 pm 
DaJoob wrote:
I ran

"perl R5Beta7-pvr350.pl -r"

and then

"perl R5Beta7-pvr350.pl -i"

and everything worked.

Yeah, this seemed to work for me as well running R5B7.

I ran the original script as described, then got out of Myth and opened an Xterm and ran the perl script using -r. I tried using -i immediately after that, but it wouldn't run, so I closed the term, and opened a new one and used the -i option and it ran just fine. The TV flickers for a second when it runs. Reboot, and toward the end of the session, you'll get some odd output on the console, and TV out put takes a few moments to load up.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next