View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: No Live TV Sound
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:57 pm 
Hey just got this sort of working and its GREAT to have some Tivo sounds!

However, here is my problem:
I cannot get both sound from video (or live TV) AND the buttons at the same time.

(Note: I am using the ALSA installed drivers on an ASUS M2NPV-VM mobo)

I can either:
a) Have but sounds in the menu but not while watching video (using Audio device: /dev/dsp). This allows for audio from videos/livetv.
b) Have no audio from video/livetv, but have button sounds both in the menus AND while watching (a soundless) video (using Audio device: /dev/adsp)

Veraze said:
Quote:
I switched my Audio Device from /dev/dsp to ALSA:default, and my mixer from /dev/mixer to default..

However, for Audio Device, I only have /dev/dsp and /dev/adsp, ALSA:default is not an option. Additionally, I don't have any other options for Mixer Device other than /dev/mixer, so there is no 'default'. Anyone know why?
Otherwise, the only ALSA reference I see in my settings are under the Passthrough output device (not sure what this is for) which is "ALSA:lec958:{ AE50 ... "

Any ideas on how I can change my audio setup to get full Tivo-ness? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:18 pm 
I'm having similar issues, when the irnoise script is running, I don't get sound watching tv.

KM: R5.5
CPU: Athlon 3800+
Vid: nvidia 7300GT
Snd: Chaintech av-710
Tuner: PVR150
HD: 1000gb sata + 750gb sata + 500gb usb

Post subject: Re: No Live TV Sound
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:06 am 
tzoom84 wrote:
Hey just got this sort of working and its GREAT to have some Tivo sounds!

However, here is my problem:
I cannot get both sound from video (or live TV) AND the buttons at the same time.

(Note: I am using the ALSA installed drivers on an ASUS M2NPV-VM mobo)

I can either:
a) Have but sounds in the menu but not while watching video (using Audio device: /dev/dsp). This allows for audio from videos/livetv.
b) Have no audio from video/livetv, but have button sounds both in the menus AND while watching (a soundless) video (using Audio device: /dev/adsp)

Veraze said:
Quote:
I switched my Audio Device from /dev/dsp to ALSA:default, and my mixer from /dev/mixer to default..

However, for Audio Device, I only have /dev/dsp and /dev/adsp, ALSA:default is not an option. Additionally, I don't have any other options for Mixer Device other than /dev/mixer, so there is no 'default'. Anyone know why?
Otherwise, the only ALSA reference I see in my settings are under the Passthrough output device (not sure what this is for) which is "ALSA:lec958:{ AE50 ... "

Any ideas on how I can change my audio setup to get full Tivo-ness? :)

I just found this out...you just type in ALSA:default and default for the mixer, it's not an option in the drop downs!

I did that and suddenly I get button sounds in the menus, sound from the show I'm watching, AND sound from wine applications launched from MythGame. Not sure if I should be getting sound from the remote during liveTV or not, which I'm not...but this is good enough for me! :D

KM: R5.5
CPU: Athlon 3800+
Vid: nvidia 7300GT
Snd: Chaintech av-710
Tuner: PVR150
HD: 1000gb sata + 750gb sata + 500gb usb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:23 pm 
I was able to get everything working fine for me using the Asus M2NPV-VM. I updated the wiki post with the steps I took to get things working see Knoppmythwiki.org: ButtonSounds

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3