View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:12 pm 
I got stuck on this for a long time until I decided to put my brain to work. I ended up finding a bug in the install that has been carried over for at least 2 releases.

The default snes emulator used to be Snes9x but has changed to zsnes. However, myth still assumes that snes9x is the default. Go into the setup menu for mythgame and change the first option from snes9x to zsnes. Save and continue.

Next, exit mythtv and drop to the desktop. Use alt-x to open a terminal and type zsnes, hit enter. Choose your video settings under options and spend a minute or two configuring your keyboard or joysticks. The video that worked best for me on a television was 800x600 OGL FULL with 2xSAI enabled. BEFORE YOU EXIT ZSNES, choose the last menu option on the top right and click on SAVE CFG. If you skip this step none of the settings will stick.

From now on when you want to play snes games, everything will work like butter. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 am 
Thank you so much, I had tried using the mythGame feature a long time ago and it didn't work, so I forgot about it. Now i've got it working and all I can say is sweet!

Now I just gotta find a way so that I can exit with my remote.

-Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:00 pm 
Do you also have this error when you start MythGame ? :
MythTV was enable to read catver.ini. Please enter the correct path and try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:59 pm 
I am fighting with some bad overscan on this. When I run zsnes it starts in the upper left of my TV which is well out of overscan range (I run at 1080i). I cannot find any way to move the window or get it to startup in the center or anything. Most apps I can kind of play with until I hit the tollbar and then drag it down. zsnes seems to be a funky guy.
Thanks for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:19 pm 
bigbri9 wrote:
Now I just gotta find a way so that I can exit with my remote.

I just found one better. I finished modding an old xbox contoller to use via usb. Then inside of zsnes while I was setting these nice video settings (thank you!) I found an option to exit via the joystick.

I have mapped 'ext' to the downclick of the right analog, and also the save state/load sate to the white/black buttons. No way I'm going to use these inside of zsnes anyway! ;)

Under "Misc -> GUI Options" I set
Code:
Use JOYPAD1

then under "Misc -> Game Keys" all you need to do is click on the option (need mouse of course) and hit the button on your controller. ;)

Now the next step would be to figure out how to exit via the remote, but also controll the MythGame interface with Joypad1 as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:56 am 
Nyctoparros wrote:

I just found one better. I finished modding an old xbox contoller to use via usb.

Okay... how did you mod the xbox controller? Or, do you have a link?

Thanks!