View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:31 am 
Hi there,

I'm doing a fresh install of R5F27 and have had a relatively pain-free installation. PVR-350 is recognized. My remote works (tho real sluggish, I will look into this), and sound is good. I'm just doing output on my monitor until I have the box set up completely and can move it to the living room.

The only issue I've had is Live TV. Everything is setup properly. My IR blaster was recognized and configured properly. I can change channels from the command line nicely. My tuner is set to channel 3 - the output of my settop box, and I get Live TV with a nice picture. Good so far.

I edit the /etc/irblaster/channel_change.sh script created during the install to send OK to my stb for changing channels (stupid box won't change if 3 digits arent specified or OK is pressed. Tested the changes in the command line - all good!

Go into setup to specify the change channel script (this is the only change I am making) and restart mythbackend. Go to Live TV and I get Snow. I can change channels - the stb is scrolling through the channels with Up and down, and numeric specs just fine. No TV! :(

Go back into setup and all I do is remove the specified change channel script. Live TV has a picture back - of course I can't change channels.

Has anybody had a similar issue that can help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:59 pm 
Have you been through - http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=TroubleShooting
Especially - http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=BlackScreenWatchingTV
The later is fairly terse, but describes what you need to do under Input Connections when using an external tuner script... For example the "Preset tuner to channel" issue...

BTW - It's generally better to use the s-video or composite input on your capture card with a cable/sat box if possible. You'll tend to get better quality that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:43 pm 
Hi. I'm having a similar problem with my PVR-150. In the input connection page I setup my irblaster script and default to channel 3 for the tuner. If I select watch live tv, all I get is snow. However if I schedual a recording I get the proper channel. Then if I go back into live tv after that it's back to snow. If I
Code:
 ivtv-tune -c 3
in x-term then it's fine till I reboot. Anyway to set ivtv to default to channel 3 at boot? I have browsed the trobleshooting pages on the wiki and some on the ivtv site as well. I fear that it will be as easy as a checkbox that I've over looked ten times. :D
Thanks in Advance.
This forum is amazing as is the Knoppmyth community spirit.

Post subject: Thanks goofee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:22 pm 
Changing the ivtv tuning worked!

Normally, I would prefer my to use the s-video output, but there isn't one on my cable box. Crappy thing, should take it back to the cable company I got it from, but I used to work for them and I know the inventory of stbs they have is garbage.

Post subject: Run it at boot
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:51 pm 
If you edit /home/mythtv/.fluxbox/apps and add this command, it will run each boot.

[startup] {ivtv-tune -c 3} (or replace 3 with the channel you should tune for your set top box.