View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:12 pm 
I am trying to record to DVD but when I do the transcoding with NUV2DISC it just tells me immediately in big red letters TRANSCODE OF COMPLETE.

Also a little message comes out above saying "engine is busy" or something like that...

Can anybody help me please? I've spent days trying to do it but I have not been able to :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:27 pm 
Site Admin
Nuv2Disc is no longer maintained. Why not use MythArchive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:30 pm 
I probably have an older version of mythtv, how do I install mytharchive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 pm 
Site Admin
You just cannot install MythArchive if you are using an older version of MythTV. I'd support you read the post on getting Schedule Direct working with KnoppMyth. That will walk you thru getting the latest MythTV and plugins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:47 am 
Thanks Cecil but I just can't do that right now, this box has taken e months (literaly) to get it to work the way it is now. I just can upgrade just like that and risk loosing everything. Is there anyway of extracting those videos thorugh WinSCP or something? so that I can do the DVD burning on my regular computer? if so, in what directory are those videos located?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:37 pm 
You can use Samba to connect a windoze machine over the network and download your videos. The vids are in the directory /myth/video. Look to the KnoppMyth Wiki for a variety of articles on how to do this and many other things...

http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=UsingSambaHowTo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:30 pm 
Thanks I did it with WinSCP and then intalled DSMyth (mythtv filters for windows) and I was able to open them in Adobe Premiere and edit them and export them to AVI, but the problem that I am having now is that the Audio does not synchronize well with the video.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:36 pm 
I have that problem when transcoding HDTV shows to DVD all the time. The whole technology of digital video seems more like luck and magic when you try to convert formats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:50 am 
Update:

I was finally able to do it using Windows Movie Maker, I was able to convet from NUV to High Quality WMV. However, I cannot edit the video, Windows Movie Maker will behave erratically, sometimes it lets me edit the video and all of a sudden it will freeze. If I do a conversion to WMV without editing it will work just fine. But edting is the problem. Does anybody have any experience with this? Whats the best program that I can use to edit my NUV videos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:10 pm 
I have had a lot of success with basic editing in Knoppmyth, then making a DVD file with that. This removes any extra frames etc I designate as commercials ( cutting frames) only trouble is the cut needs to be at least about 20 secs long. then when I transcode to dvd i just create the file I don't actually burn it to a dvd. I use mythweb burn, it leaves them in a temp location.

Next I take that file into windoze and use Ulead movie factory to do final cleanup of the few frames and create my dvd's. I have used other programs but like Ulead.

there are instructions for most of this around here and the wiki. ymmv.

versions of km and other info might help get you closer to the final product,
I am using R5C7 at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
The best bet in accomplishing what you want to do is to use MythTV/Archive. Upgraded MythTV should be painless. I ask what whatever Windows related questions you have, you keep it in off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:57 am 
Cecil I would love to upgrade MYTHTV but I am not a linux person, I like it but I dot have too much experience with it. In windows you just download an executable and intall it over the version that you have and that is it, but I do not even know where to start in knoppmyth and I am afraid I will loose all my settings which have taken me literally months of work. Are my fears unfounded? Do you have any experience upgrading mythtv? is it easy? is is automatic like in Windows? Will I keep my settings? Will I keep the files that I've allready recorded? Is there like a command that I can run like APT-GET that will do everything automatically? is there a walktrough that I can follow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:11 am 
la_tengo_como_burro wrote:
Cecil I would love to upgrade MYTHTV but I am not a linux person, I like it but I dot have too much experience with it. In windows you just download an executable and intall it over the version that you have and that is it, but I do not even know where to start in knoppmyth and I am afraid I will loose all my settings which have taken me literally months of work. Are my fears unfounded? Do you have any experience upgrading mythtv?
Does Cecil, he who created and develops KnoppMyth, have any experience upgrading? My guess is Yes :wink:
is is automatic like in Windows?
You can't be serious...

Will I keep my settings? Will I keep the files that I've allready recorded? Is there like a command that I can run like APT-GET that will do everything automatically? is there a walktrough that I can follow?
See http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15195 Pay special attention to version-specific tips as you "probably have an older version of mythtv"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:10 am 
slowtolearn First let me begin by sayng "Thaks for your help" I will read what you have sent me... Second, I am sorry for insulting the gurus of the Linux community but yes Windows has a much better system for intalling and upgrading programs, you just download an executable, you run it and that is it, the new version gets intalled over the older and that is it, PAINLESS! They tried to imitate this in linux by creating the RPMs but they only work in a few flavors of linux, like mandrake, etc. Then you have the TAR balls which are a PAAAAAIIIIIIN to intall, since you have to compile them, etc. I just don't even bother with them anymore since to this date I have not been able to intall a single one. So yes I am dead serious. Microsoft might be evil and do no get me wrong I absolutely love Linux but the truth is the truth.

cecil I did not know you were the creator of knoppmyth!, thank you very much for helping us. If it weren't for Knoppmyth I wouldn't have been able to have a MYTHTV box, since I am not an expert in linux. Thanks again!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:50 am 
Site Admin
Let's not get into a comparison of windows and Linux distros. You're welcome. Which release are you using?