View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:31 pm 
I created a mondo iso using the following command:

mondoarchive -OViN -k FAILSAFE -d /myth/backup -gF -s 4200m -E "/myth/tv /myth/video /myth/music /myth/music/blake /myth/backup /dev/hdb1 /dev/hdb2 /mnt/dvd /dvd /cdrom /mnt/cdrom /mnt/thda1 /myth/mythburn/temp /myth/tmp"

which i then copied to a network drive and burned to an iso on another computer. I've had several problems getting my F27 upgrade working so i decided to go back to my R5D1 recovery disk which i created before i did any upgrade.

When the computer boots off the disk i get: "/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off".

Things i've tried:
1) burning another disk / testing the cd.
2) tried it on multiple PC's (i get the same error)
3) searched the mondo rescue mailing lists... and other people have reported the problem but there are no answers.

From what i've read is this an issue with BusyBox and getting it to boot. Anyone one have any ideas...

Perhaps i could install mondo on a pc on a linux pc and have it restore my backup to another disk by reading the iso.

Anyone know how i can extract the data that is in the iso to use as a reference at least. Although... i doubt there is anything on there i probably don't already have with a KnoppMyth Backup.

Last edited by blak3r on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:49 am 
Here's what i ended up doing.

I had installed F27 on a spare harddrive that was in the same computer i had created the backups which resulted in the can't access tty issue above.

I installed mondo. I believe by just doing a "apt-get install mondo"

Then created a complete backup. Using the same command i used above without the -k FAILSAFE (i got errors when i tried it with it). I think the kernel version used with F27 is newer and it doesn't require it... Is F27 "sarge"? Anyway... after i created the backup cd i tried booting from it to see if i would run into the same error... I DIDN't.

So, i figured... perhaps i can merge the data from the backup cd with all my data with this one i just created which boots properly.

Using MagicISO (couldn't find a freeware alternative), i created an iso of the bootable cd. Then modified it, by removing all the files in the "archive" folder with those from my original restore iso (the one that wouldn't boot).

I was then able to restore. Hope that helps someone else.