View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:22 am 
ok so this is a real git newby question.. but then im a real git newby.. so i guess its fine..

but er.. i view this forum on my windows laptop.. so.. how do i cut and paste the code from here to put it into files on my myth box? .. i guess its easy.. just view the forum from my linux box.. ok..ccan someone direct me to the debian gui.. and maybe let me know if theres a web browser there.. if not.. i can just install one yeah? come to think of it.. that raises another question ive been meaning to ask.. the debian knoppmyth uses is i presume fairly bear bones.. is there any reason why i cant add to it.. and therefore use that box for more than just watching tv? ... im not sure if that questions clear or not.. given i dont really know what im talking about.

cheers... and yeah.. i was seriously hoping someone else would ask that question for me.. feel free to flame as much as appropiate :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:53 am 
You might want to quickly delete the duplicate to this post before you get flamed for posting duplicates.

I use a USB memory stick to transfer stuff to my mythbox. You can mount it on myth by typing something like:
Code:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
ls /mnt

You can load as much crap as you want on top of knoppmyth. Search the forum for apt-get and you will find heaps of examples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:29 am 
You can also use PuTTY (a Windows SSH client) to connect to your KnoppMyth box. Highlight a script you are seeing here and pick Copy, then make a blank document on your KnoppMyth box (simple text editor called pico is included with the latest KnoppMyth) and right-click. The copied script is pasted into your pico doc. Save and use as necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:08 pm 
Beware of cutting/pasting multi-line blocks from MS-Windows and pasting it into a putty session. MS-Windows has an evil habit of using "vertical tab" characters where there should be "line feed" characters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:36 am 
ace :D ... i used a usb flash drive.. was easy. thanks.. and sorry for duplicate posts.. not sure what happened there. im sure someone can delete it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:38 am 
You can delete your own posts. Just view the thread and click on the X in the upper right hand corner...