View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:08 am 
UniCav wrote:
romeosidvicious - I can't speak for BigB but I've been communicating with him on this script since it was first posted and the biggest issue I see is TVRage isn't very helpful if you don't have an exact showname and #x## episode to search with. Their title search only takes you to more results to work through and that gets almost impossible with a script. TVRage is wrong on a LOT of titles apparently. Just last night I grabbed metadata for the entire 1st and 2nd seasons of South Park. That's been around since 1997 and yet when I started watching it the data was reversed for some shows because TVRage has them out of order. Same for Venture Bros' first season. Tom and Jerry cartoons, from 1940-1967 is 161 episodes and there was no such thing as a 'season', yet even though TVRage has them all numbered properly in production, they still created 3 'seasons' to divide them up and instead of being able to search by the real episode # you can't get a match because they insist you use the fictitious #x## format.

What it would come down to is BigB would have to add another entire search system to the script to use things like TheTVDB and some other databases for files that failed to match and each site is going to have an entirely different structure to parse. It's a major headache for anyone trying to code something as massive as his script has become. All I can say to BigB is I admire him for sticking with it.

TVRage has it's issues for sure. But I doubt most sites would match Demons to Demons UK since it's not the title. ;) I love the script and am willing to do the work myself on it even. I am just not that good at perl. Heck I think I have it down for country codes though. I can at least scratch that itch hopefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:13 am 
You'd probably have to rewrite his search and parsing system for another site that covers the UK shows and consider it a 'localized' version of mythvideo-scanner. then only use the localized version for those directories. You could do a wrapper script that looks at the file name and if it sees UK in the filename it would call mythvideo-scanner-UK.pl or otherwise run the regular script

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 pm 
UniCav wrote:
You'd probably have to rewrite his search and parsing system for another site that covers the UK shows and consider it a 'localized' version of mythvideo-scanner. then only use the localized version for those directories. You could do a wrapper script that looks at the file name and if it sees UK in the filename it would call mythvideo-scanner-UK.pl or otherwise run the regular script

Actually it was much easier than that:

filename: Britshow.UK.S01E04.avi

Regular script parses this as title: Britshow UK

I added some code (not going to post it unless bigB approves of it) and now it's parsed as title: Britshow. It actually wasn't that hard. I doubt many people need the additional parsing but I wanted to scratch my itch. It was a single module, included already in all major distros, and 6 short lines of code including a comment to match the style of the original code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:41 pm 
sweet! I gather that basically what you did was edit out .UK. from the filename, which is splendidly simple. In my miro2myth script I did some similar things to edit out x264 and 1080p to prevent them from being picked up as Season 0 Episode 264 and Season 10 Episode 80. Probably a perfect addition to his script to prevent 'localized' files being misinterpreted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:17 pm 
UniCav wrote:
sweet! I gather that basically what you did was edit out .UK. from the filename, which is splendidly simple. In my miro2myth script I did some similar things to edit out x264 and 1080p to prevent them from being picked up as Season 0 Episode 264 and Season 10 Episode 80. Probably a perfect addition to his script to prevent 'localized' files being misinterpreted.

Exactly! There is a section in the script where it parses a bunch of stuff, like, converting . to spaces and such, I added a little section before it that builds and array for two letter country codes then replaces them but on if it is .<two letter country code>. like .UK. so it doesn't remove the letters from anywhere else in the filename. I learned a little bit of Perl today as a side effect which is always cool. If there were a list of commonly used tags like x264, 1080p, 1080i they could be parsed out as well in the same place in the same manner.

I emailed bigB both changes I made today and if he says it's alright I'll post 'em up here.

I spent the rest of the day vainly trying to get 1024x768 out of my S-video port on the ancient laptop I am using for myth right now. That sucked. Adding the parsing of country codes to the scanner...well it was nice to have success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:41 pm 
Hi Guys,

Check out rev 27.

Should fix the 'UK' issues. Because i take a generalised approach, it only works when 'UK' is upper case and the title is mixed upper/lower case.

If you look at line 85 in mythvideo-scanner.pl there is a section for adding various format markers, you can add new ones here. But be careful as case is ignored.

If anyone ever finds that various markers are left in let me know so i can add them to the list. I add most troublesome titles to my test list.

BigB.

PS EasyRiderOnTheStorm thanks for spreading the word.
PPS. I started this script so that I could become better at perl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 pm 
Quote:
PPS. I started this script so that I could become better at perl.

And it's nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:25 pm 
Hi Guys,

If you have issues with tvrage's episodes not matching your and you wanted the episode title to be used in the search then check out Rev 32. It does need a new module.

Install Perl Module
First you need to update the CPAN sources (similar to apt-get sources)
nano /etc/perl/CPAN/Config.pm
and change the urllist (around line 50) to be:
Code:
'urllist' => [q[http://www.perl.com/CPAN/]],

To install the new module type this as root:
cpan Text::Levenshtein

Hope this helps.

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:09 pm 
I just installed the latest version 1.7 and it is working weel except there is an errent error message. The message is:
Code:
Downloading image to: /myth/video/.covers/Semi-Pro.xvid.jpg
File exists, won't overwrite.
Updating DB entry

The thing is that the image file does not exist and it still downloads the file and links it correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:17 pm 
What you're seeing is it's attempt to link the latest episode image to the folder image. Since the folder image already exists it doesn't overwrite it. It's not a real error, just informational. BigB might write a little more info into it later to better separate what's going on, but it's working.

BTW if you like to use specific folder images like I do, download your folder image to the show's directory, name it folder.jpg and then chmod it 444 so it can't be automatically overwritten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:51 am 
Absolutely terrific script! I have my MythBuntu box hooked up to a 5TB NAS with 100's and 100's of movies and TV episodes, and have now setup mythvideo-scanner/cleanup in a cron job to keep things up to date and in order.

For updates I am using this;

mythvideo-scanner.pl --getposter

This seems to work well, however I have a few questions;

1) Due to the amount of video I have, it is all sorted into folders for genera, title and season. I have Mythvideo set NOT to display folders, however after (and only when) running the above command I see loads and loads of "folder" titles when browsing. How do I prevent these from appearing?

2) As I understand it when using the above command the script is meant to skip any existing entries, and only add new ones. I have a bit of a weird one were I have 2 series of the UK TV show Coupling where it updates everytime regardless of the fact the meta data is already there. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:01 am 
Thanks for the complements ("Spread the word, I said spread it!!"),

The --getposter option places two symbolic links called 'folder.jpg' in two levels of directories above the video in question (for the gallery view) that point to the poster, this should explain what you are seeing. You can stop mythvideo from displaying these by adding an extension type for jpg and setting it to ignore.

The script skips entries that have sufficient details in the database, this means that the plot must be greater than 20 characters in length, and have a poster if the poster option is enabled (--getposter).

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 am 
Hi there, awesome script!! I have a very large video collect and it gets almost every one of them. It's a real time saver!

Just one issue I'm stumped on. I have an eight part series from the BBC called "A Girls Guide To 21st Century Sex". The script finds it at TV Rage but errors with:

Code:
Can't call method "attr_get_i" on an undefined value at /usr/local/bin/mythvideo-scanner.pl line 894.

I've added an episode summary manually but for some reason it still tries to search for it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the TV Rage entry:

Code:
http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-18786/episodes/768420/1x01

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:11 pm 
Hi ToadProphet,

You are seeing two issues:
The first is a bug that has since been fixed in the latest revision on svn. It occurs when tvrage does not have a title image.

If you provide the --getposter option the script will only be happy when the plot exceeds 20 characters and there is a poster associated with the video.

hope this helps,
BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:10 pm 
As a newb to perl, just a quick question that I am sure has an easy answer.
First off I want to say I love the script. does everything I ask very well. The 1 change I would like to make is the output to the database is of the format 'title episode subtitle'. Where would I make the change to 'episode subtitle'.
For example I have currently 'Rome S01E01 The Stolen Eagle' where the file name is s1e01.avi. What I would like to see is 'S01E01 The Stolen Eagle'
I am assuming there is 1 line i need to change and run the script again with the --update flag.
Soooo....what do i change?

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next