View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:29 pm 
Am I the only one having this problem? No matter what TV episodes I throw at it, it always says "TVRage has let us down, looking up imdb..."

Code:
kevin@htpc:~/Desktop/Videos/TV/Lost$ ~/mythvideo-scanner/mythvideo-scanner.pl --dryrun .
Using settings for htpc
Starting search in '.'
multiple paths not supported yet
Reading MythTV DB settings from: /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
Covers will be downloaded to: '/home/kevin/.mythtv/MythVideo'
Seaching for these extensions: .avi .mpg .mpeg .mkv mpg avi vob mpeg VIDEO_TS iso img

./Lost_S01E16_Outlaws.avi
Title: Lost
 Season:  1
 Episode: 16
Appears to be a TV episode, looking up TVRage website...
Found a match
TVRage has let us down, looking up imdb...

0824686:Lost (2006)
    Match Found, ref:0824686.
0857388:Lost (2005)
Looking for: Season 1, Episode 16:
Episode: Outlaws
Title Image:

Episode Image: http://images.tvrage.net/screencaps/22/4284/104125.jpg
Lenght: 28 minutes
Director: Zachary Rothman
Cast:
Year: 2006
Plot:

./Lost.S03E14.HDTV.XViD-Caph.avi
 Season:  3
 Episode: 14
Appears to be a TV episode, looking up TVRage website...
Found a match
TVRage has let us down, looking up imdb...

Episode: Exposé
Title Image: http://images.tvrage.net/shows/5/4284.jpg
Episode Image: http://images.tvrage.net/screencaps/22/4284/519605.jpg
Lenght: 60 minutes
Director:
Cast:
Year: 2007
Plot:

Thanks for your help!
-- Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:31 pm 
TVrage have changed there formating, i'll post an update as soon as i can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:56 pm 
Okay, glad to know I wasn't doing something wrong. I'll patiently await your update.

Thanks!
-- Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:35 am 
UniCav wrote:
romeosidvicious
Are you using the --getposter switch?
and secondly do you restart mythfrontend after running the scanner? You have to for it to regenerate the image cache

Yes I was using the --getposter switch. I didn't make any changes at all and strangely enough it started working. I didn't restart anything, change any permissions, nothing. I haven't had something not work then start working in a while! I am just glad it did.

I can't wait for the update for the new tv rage format...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:24 am 
Check out rev 18. I have also added mythvideo-cleanner and a makefile. A new release is around the corner.

Thanks for the continued support, glad you love it.

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:54 am 
bigB wrote:

Thanks, I was just about to report the same thing. And thank you for a great script.

I do have another question: is there a way to integrate the script with the myth frontend, ie. use it from the menu, perhaps by setting it up as the "search" script, instead of the original imdb script?

I know I could just add it as a cron job or something but my typical use involves copying some video onto my box then immediately trying to access it, and I don't think cron can be expected to handle that scenario too well. And yes, I can be bothered to access command-line only if there is absolutely positively 100% sure no hope to do it from GUI... It's a principle thing, also I'm horribly lazy. Yes, that's a principle thing too. ;)

I would be ok with having to select "search" once or any number of times, but the menu seems to pass the selected video's filename (?) to the script as a non-optional parameter, and of course as the script does not handle filenames, it shrugs it off and does nothing at all.

Am I doing it totally wrong? Is there another way? Could the script perhaps handle filenames as well or have an option to ignore anything that's not an option please...? :idea: No, strike that; I'm an idiot. A windows/gui one, obviously. I could just call the script from a shell script that ignores the filename, right? Is that the proper way to do this...? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 am 
easyrideronthestorm (btw cool nick)
There's a possibility you could create a menu option in your utilities menu that just runs mythvideo-scanner. You could stick it right under or above Video Manager and if it just calls mythvideo-scanner --getposter it possibly would do what you want

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:00 am 
EasyRiderOnTheStorm wrote:
bigB wrote:

Thanks, I was just about to report the same thing. And thank you for a great script.

I do have another question: is there a way to integrate the script with the myth frontend, ie. use it from the menu, perhaps by setting it up as the "search" script, instead of the original imdb script?

I know I could just add it as a cron job or something but my typical use involves copying some video onto my box then immediately trying to access it, and I don't think cron can be expected to handle that scenario too well. And yes, I can be bothered to access command-line only if there is absolutely positively 100% sure no hope to do it from GUI... It's a principle thing, also I'm horribly lazy. Yes, that's a principle thing too. ;)

I would be ok with having to select "search" once or any number of times, but the menu seems to pass the selected video's filename (?) to the script as a non-optional parameter, and of course as the script does not handle filenames, it shrugs it off and does nothing at all.

Am I doing it totally wrong? Is there another way? Could the script perhaps handle filenames as well or have an option to ignore anything that's not an option please...? :idea: No, strike that; I'm an idiot. A windows/gui one, obviously. I could just call the script from a shell script that ignores the filename, right? Is that the proper way to do this...? :roll:

I wrote a script (prior to REV 18 with the videocleaner) to manage downloaded TV episodes and added it to the menu. It works pretty well this way with a couple of caveats. I call it as an external script so there isn't any output and while it's running mythtv won't respond. There is no confirmation it worked or log if it fails. If that's not something you are concerned about here is the script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Call the mythvideo-scanner to check the directories I need checked
# I handle movies through the interface and TV shows with mythvideo-scanner

#This is the full path to mythvideo-scanner
MVSPATH="/home/mark/mythvideo-scanner/mythvideo-scanner.pl"
#This is the number of days you want to keep files hanging around
OLDFILES="21"

#Run mythvideo scanner

if [ -f "$MVSPATH" ]
then
$MVSPATH --getposter <path you want to scan>
fi

#clean-up
#This portion may be obsolete with Rev 18 of mythvideo-scanner but I haven't tested it yet
#Only setup the directories you want to have cleaned when you run this script
#This is a recursive command so be careful

#Let us work with filnames with spaces
#loop through the files
#Note: This piece only cleans files
find <path you want to clean up> -type f -mtime +$old-files | xargs rm -f
#find <path you want to clean up> -type f -mtime +$OLDFILES
#Uncomment this to clean directories it uses the same age as is used for files
find <path you want to clean up> -type d -mtime +$old-files | xargs rm -rf
#find <path you want to clean up> -type d -mtime +$OLDFILES

A couple more notes:
  • Since this is bash paths have to be escaped in the script. For instance if you had a dir /media/external/downloaded stuff/ that you wanted to you use it has to be in the script as /media/external/downloaded\ stuff/
  • You should comment out the first command in the clean up section for both commands and uncomment the second command and run the script from the command line before adding it to the menu to make sure you don't wipe out stuff you wanted. It doesn't move anything to "Trash" it just gets rid of stuff! BE CAREFUL. If you wipe out your whole video collection using this it's not my fault. You were warned.

To add it to your menu in myth (NOTE: I use mythbunutu not Knoppmyth so your mileage my vary). I also added it to the main menu files and not personal menu files so that's what these instructions are for:
  1. as root edit /usr/share/mythtv/videomenu.xml
  2. Add the following where you want the button:
    Code:
     <button>
        <type>VIDEO_BROWSER</type>
        <text>Scan and Clean TV Episodes</text>
        <action>EXEC /home/mark/bin/mythmenu-scanner.sh</action>
       </button>

Note: I added it at the very bottom as follows:
    Code:
         <text lang="HE">×ש×ק ×ש×ק××
         <action>PLUGIN mythgame</action>
         <depends>mythgame</depends>
       </button>
       <button>
        <type>VIDEO_BROWSER</type>
        <text>Scan and Clean TV Episodes</text>
        <action>EXEC /home/mark/bin/mythmenu-scanner.sh</action>
       </button>

</mythmenu>
  3. Restart the myth frontend
  4. ....
  5. Profit!

I know that's a lot of caveats but I honestly never thought I'd share this. But since bigB gave us such a cool script and someone asked how to make it work from the menu I thought I'd post it. If anyone wants help setting up, you know to make sure you don't break things, just send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out.

If you have multiple directories the script can be easily modified to turn off the cleanup and do multiple dirs. I will gladly post how to do that if anyone wants to see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:02 pm 
bigB wrote:
Check out rev 18. I have also added mythvideo-cleanner and a makefile. A new release is around the corner.

Thanks for the continued support, glad you love it.

BigB.

Working perfectly! Thanks for the mad quick update!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:41 pm 
Firstly when you pass a path to either of the scripts, please do so using an absolute path. It is on my TODO list to expand relative paths. (The database will get the relative path can get totally confused)

EasyRiderOnTheStorm you can run mythvideo-scanner.pl with the complete path to a single file and it will process it happily.

I don't think the script could be using by the video manager as it only passes the filename to the called script and not the full path, I guess a wrapper could be written that searches for files that match and feed those to the scanner script.

Thanks,

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 pm 
Version 1.7 released.

Download here
Release Notes

Enjoy,
BigB.

PS. No changes have been made since Rev 18.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:16 am 
UniCav wrote:
easyrideronthestorm (btw cool nick)
There's a possibility you could create a menu option in your utilities menu that just runs mythvideo-scanner. You could stick it right under or above Video Manager and if it just calls mythvideo-scanner --getposter it possibly would do what you want

Thanks, I made it up in a fit of rage trying to register on a popular site where as we all know, all possible nicks are already taken (including any random stuff like "qwexcsdfr"). Well, that, and I actually ride a chopper... ;)

I didn't realize the main menu was also editable, good tip, thank you. Works like a charm...

romeosidvicious wrote:
I wrote a script (prior to REV 18 with the videocleaner) to manage downloaded TV episodes and added it to the menu. It works pretty well this way with a couple of caveats. I call it as an external script so there isn't any output and while it's running mythtv won't respond. There is no confirmation it worked or log if it fails. If that's not something you are concerned about here is the script:

Thank you for the detailed instructions, I've managed to insert a new main menu item that just runs the script for a global scope. If I ever try to tackle specific item scans, I'll start with your tips. As it is, I just wanted menu access to the script, and I got that. Thanks again.

bigB wrote:
Firstly when you pass a path to either of the scripts, please do so using an absolute path. It is on my TODO list to expand relative paths. (The database will get the relative path can get totally confused)

EasyRiderOnTheStorm you can run mythvideo-scanner.pl with the complete path to a single file and it will process it happily.

I don't think the script could be using by the video manager as it only passes the filename to the called script and not the full path, I guess a wrapper could be written that searches for files that match and feed those to the scanner script.

Yes, all the video manager passes is a name without a path, which caused my problem. I can see how that can seriously complicate lookup. As I mentioned before, specific item scan is not a priority for me, so my problem is solved - now it works kinda like the "Scan for new music files" under music, and that's fine. Thanks a lot for a great script, fast fixes and your support in general. I'm recommending your script every chance I get ever since I started using it... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:22 am 
EasyRiderOnTheStorm wrote:

Thank you for the detailed instructions, I've managed to insert a new main menu item that just runs the script for a global scope. If I ever try to tackle specific item scans, I'll start with your tips. As it is, I just wanted menu access to the script, and I got that. Thanks again.

No problem at all! Just glad to be able to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 am 
bigB,

How hard would it be to have the script walk through titles that it doesn't find. I sometimes grab TV episodes that are not available in the US and they end up having a country tag in them as such:

<some show title>.<two letter country code>.<season/episode information>.avi

The script does recognize this as a TV episode however it doesn't find anything as it includes the two letter country code in the title of the show. A walk-through cutting out one field each pass would work. Or maybe a list of two letter country code to ignore if they occur directly before the season/episode information. I am going to see if I can manage to do it myself but the likelihood is that my perl skills are just not enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:54 am 
easyrideronthestorm - btw I have a script posted on another thread called Miro2Myth that I worked up as a go-between to clean file names and move files from Miro, which is where I get all my content, to myth and then it calls mythvideo-scanner to get the metadata. On top of that I use a couple wrapper scripts to restart miro and mythfrontend to regenerate the image cache. In case you use Miro at all or it could be adapted to any other system you use to download content.

romeosidvicious - I can't speak for BigB but I've been communicating with him on this script since it was first posted and the biggest issue I see is TVRage isn't very helpful if you don't have an exact showname and #x## episode to search with. Their title search only takes you to more results to work through and that gets almost impossible with a script. TVRage is wrong on a LOT of titles apparently. Just last night I grabbed metadata for the entire 1st and 2nd seasons of South Park. That's been around since 1997 and yet when I started watching it the data was reversed for some shows because TVRage has them out of order. Same for Venture Bros' first season. Tom and Jerry cartoons, from 1940-1967 is 161 episodes and there was no such thing as a 'season', yet even though TVRage has them all numbered properly in production, they still created 3 'seasons' to divide them up and instead of being able to search by the real episode # you can't get a match because they insist you use the fictitious #x## format.

What it would come down to is BigB would have to add another entire search system to the script to use things like TheTVDB and some other databases for files that failed to match and each site is going to have an entirely different structure to parse. It's a major headache for anyone trying to code something as massive as his script has become. All I can say to BigB is I admire him for sticking with it.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next