View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: _no_title_ can't delete
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:46 pm 
Had some issues with the tuner not being able to tune in a channel and got several files called "_no_title_" I can't delete them, the files are gone but the names remain.
So I've done some searching and found people who had this problem and solved it by "manually editing the database" maybe I'm still a noob but which database file is it?
Help Please!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:06 pm 
See if this link will help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:18 pm 
That didn't work I tried deleting the files from mythweb but they aren't there so I deleted them in the frontend and then looked at the backend log file but it didn't show up.
Where does the front end get the List from is it some mysql database file or something. Can I edit it or ask it to refresh it's data. I only have 4 or 5 recordings on there can I just wipe the file out.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:20 pm 
Sorry man, when mine did this, I had to make an empty file w/ the filename that db expected. Then I was able to delete it through the GUI. Maybe someone else can help you. You might wanna post this to the mythtv mailing list as well if you want greater coverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:57 am 
Site Admin
You can use webmin to edit the data in the db. As you are new, that is probably the best way. Sorry, I don't have a step by step as I've not had a need to do this myself.

Fire up webmin, take a look at the mythconverg db, it is probably the recorded table you want to take a look at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:30 am 
thank you Mythconverge is what I was looking for and I'll find out more info on webmin.
I'm actually not new I just got a new card and it isn't playing nice. I've been banging my head into the wall with mythtv for about 2 years now. I think I'm almost through the plaster now :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:28 pm 
I'm actually having a VERY similar problem on my new box as well. In Recordings there lists everything that has been previously recorded. Instead of the name of the show, it lists all of them as "_NO_TITLE_" but it does display the correct time and date stamps however. Whenever I try to delete them, it removes them from the system sure enough, but in the recordings page it still shows all of them. I know their gone however because when I try to view one it says that it cannot locate the file. If I try to delete them again, I get a confirmation message and when I confirm the delete I get "Error: Recorded file does not exist"

Also, when watching Live TV, the Program Guide seems to works just fine, but whenever I change channels and view the program info by pressing the info button, it just shows up as a blank box. The program info shows up fine in the program guide however.
I'm pretty sure its a database error of some sort, but I have no idea how to confirm or how to fix it.

I am still somewhat new to MythTV in particular and Linux in general, so if you would not mind, could you please provide me with a step by step account of how you went about fixing your issue?
Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:54 am 
I've run into this a couple of times and I've just manually deleted the entries from the database.
BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM.
This has potential to go wrong.

Code:
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv -D mythconverg -e "select chanid,starttime from recorded where title = '';"

Compare the number of files, channel number, start times to make sure there right. If so...
Code:
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv -D mythconverg -e "delete from recorded where title = '';"

They should be all gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 am 
Since the system was just set up, there are no entries currently on there that I really care about.
Also, it does not seem to matter about anything I watch. Every show that gets recorded simply adds yet another _NO_TITLE_ entry into the recordings page. So even if I do managed to get rid of the previous offenders, what good would it do if every time I watch a new show, the same thing keeps happening.
Given that all this is true, would it be easier to just rebuild the database from scratch? Would it do any good? If it would be easier, how would I go about it?
Thanks for your help by the way.....greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:11 am 
Well, I hope this info is able to help anyone else who has this issue as well. I decided to try to rerun the MythTV initial setup and start over. I was having other issues aside from this one with a USB IR Blaster that refused to work so rerunning master setup seemed like a good idea at the time.
To make it rerun master setup, I just opened a terminal with I believe it was ALT+X and typed in the following.....
Code:
touch /home/mythtv/.configure

After that, I rebooted and it ran through setup again.

After setting everything up again, the problem with the _NO_TITLE_ on recordings simply went away......it must have been a database issue of some sort.

Hope this info helps anyone who was having similar problems.

Last edited by mojoJOJO on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:21 pm 
OK scratch that. I encountered the problem again and I found some very interesting (i.e. frustrating) issues that seem to affect the problem.
I am in the process of trying to set up a PVR-150MCE USB IR Blaster and for that I need to set my TV tuner (PVR-150MCE) to stay on channel 4. When I select that it needs to stay on channel 4 in Myth Setup, it still wants to change channels on the tuner whenever I try to change channels on the Program Guide. If I specify a channel change script, then it will not change channels on the tuner. But heres where the _NO_TITLE_ issue is affected by this.

If I don't specify a channel change script, the tuner changes channels even though it should not, but the problem listed above with no program info when I press the info button and recordings displaying as "_NO_TITLE_" goes away and it works fine. But if I change channels on the program guide, it will instead change channels on the TV tuner (which I DO NOT want).

If on the other hand I DO specify a channel change script in Myth Setup, it will keep the TV tuner from changing channels itself, but there is no program info for the show when you press the info button, and in recordings, the shows always displays as "_NO_TITLE".

Just a note, I do not yet have a channel change script made (still working on that) so the channel change script its pointing to does not yet exist. Also, the program guide itself always works perfectly (i.e. It shows program guide data in the guide itself, just no program info for the show you are currently watching, unless I DO NOT specify a channel change script, then it works fine.)

Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 pm 
I seem to recall that the _NO_TITLE_ problem came along when there was problems with my channel change script. I think if the script errors, myth continues to record, but it doesn't know what channel it's on cause it knows the blaster script failed. You can verify this by making a dummy channel change script containing
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo $1
exit 0
The script does nothing but exits normally so myth 'should' title it properly AND tune the tuner card to channel 4 (or whatever you set it to) . It wont be the proper channel cause the IRblaster never changed channels. That would verify that the 2 problems are related and your fighting with misconfigured/unsupported hardware. I'm not familiar with that hardware so I can't help with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:22 am 
Thanks for the help.
As soon as I am able, I'll give that a try and see what happens. I'll post my results back here in case someone else encounters this problem as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:27 pm 
Once again, thanks for the help.
Unfortunately, your advise did not seem to have any effect.
For the record, what I did was make a file called cc.sh in the root directory, used nano to enter the code you listed above and in Myth Setup, I pointed the channel change script to "/cc.sh".
But the problem still exists for some reason. Once again, if I tell Myth Setup not to point to a channel change script, the _NO_TITLE_ problem goes away, but then that leaves the issue of the TV Tuner changing channels even though I told it in Myth Setup to stay on channel 4.
If I point Myth Setup to a channel change script "/cc.sh" in this case, it will not change channels on the TV Tuner (which is good) but then there is no Info for whats being watched when you press the info button, and in recordings, it lists everything as "_NO_TITLE_"
Does anybody else have any advice on this issue?
Thanks once again for the help though.
Hope to get this sorted out soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:55 am 
I am making a wild guess here, but it sounds like:

You have an STB which outputs on channel 4 and you are
using the TV input on the PVR-150 (channel 4).

I can imagine the software getting confused, thinking it should
change the channel on the PVR-150 with that configuration.

May I suggest that you use a composite or SVideo input on the
PVR-150 and set it up that way and DO use a channel change
script to change the channel on the STB. Run the sound in
thru a separate stereo audio cable to your sound card.

It might be good to copy down all the settings in alsamixer
before experimenting with it...

Use alsamixer to tell the sound card to:
- record from line in instead of mic (capture view press space)
- set the line in slider to 0 (capture view down arrow)
- turn PCM and master outputs up to say 70% (playback view up/down arrow)

Use tab to change views, left/right to select the slider, space
and M to enable/disable things and up/down to change slider
volumes.

You may have to
- turn "line in" slider on the output page to 0 (playback view)

Remember that the PC is effectively delaying both audio and
video by several seconds as it gets written to disk and then
read back off and played back. You need the sound to go to
disk with the video instead of coming out directly or the video
will be properly delayed, but the sound will be immediate. It is
quite possible to even get both delayed and immediate sound.

Go to page 1, 2  Next