View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: ipod feed
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 am 
I have my recorded shows encoded for iPod and I can see the shows show up in my RSS feed. The problem is the link that gets sent out. It shows up as http://mythtv/ipodfeed/xxxxxxxxxxx. How can I change the URL that gets sent out? I either want the IP address of my knoppmyth box or the FQDN.

Thanks!

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:25 pm 
(IIRC) you need to edit the script. your likely using /usr/local/bin/myth2ipod which is setup by default on 5.5 Edit as needed under # User variables .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:51 am 
Thanks Too Many. I edited the script and now my feeds have the correct link.

However, I still can't download the feed. Especially in iTunes I subscibed to the feed and it shows all the TV shows that I encoded for iPod but when I click "get" it shows the message - The URL "http://10.1.10.77/ipodfeed/tvshownumber.ipod.mp4" could not be found on the server.

Could this be due to the directory being password protected? I entered the username and password when I subscribe to the podcast but it doesn't ask for it again.

TIA,

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:33 pm 
Check in /myth/ipodfeed to make sure the .mp4 file really did get created. There are many cases where this doesn't work out-of-the-box, especially on R5.5. Unfortunately the script will still create the feed entry even if the actual file creation fails.

If it didn't get created look in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log to find out why and then do some searching on these forums - odds are it's a problem one of us has already run into. The fix may or may not be simple depending on how lucky you are... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 pm 
Thanks paulsid! You're right. The .mp4 file is not being created. I checked the mythbackend.log file and found an error that looks like this (not from my server):
Code:
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/nuvexport line 45.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/nuvexport line 45.

Cleaning up temp files.
Nuvexport encoding seems to have failed
/usr/local/bin/MP4Box -add /myth/ipodfeed 1008_20080711193000.temp.mp4 /myth/ipodfeed/1008_20080711193000.ipod.mp4 (Feature Not Supported)Unknown input file type
Error importing /myth/ipodfeed/1008_20080711193000.temp.mp4: Feature Not Supported
MP4Box cleanup seems to have failed
Nuvexport completed, starting xml generation...
"Jeopardy_--20080711" has been added to the feed.
XML file created for "Jeopardy_--20080711" : Yipeee

So I found this post http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18518&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=myth2ipod&start=0 which describes exactly what I'm seeing and a patch which may fix the problem. Being a newbie and not knowing too much Linux how do I save this patch file to /usr/local/share/nuvexport/termcap.patch? I'm pretty sure I can handle it from there.

Thanks again,

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 pm 
yup. I just tripped on that this week as well.

There are a few other bugs too such as divide by 0 errors on the video tab depending on some cover files you may have. There was no divide by zero check.

I anyone comes across this the error will tell you precisely the line of code.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the flash player to work in mythweb. It worked a couple of times and then failed. oh what fun!

C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:26 am 
To save the patch just copy and paste it into a text file. In case you haven't found the text editor yet it is called nano (or pico). (EDIT - oops strike that, you edited the script already so obviously you know how to fire up a text editor. :oops:)

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I recommend you go to the Ubuntu forums (linked in the same thread) to get the patch. It's easier to copy correctly from there because it's in a separate text box.

Also I believe you need to be logged in as root first, in order to save to that location. If you don't know how to do this yet see the wiki under BecomeRoot. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:07 pm 
Yay! Everything seems to be working now. Thanks everyone.