View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:55 am 
I noticed that my guide data has been getting shorter, so I ran mythfilldatabase manually. From the output, I think this is the problem:

Code:
2009-06-04 06:45:18.992 Grab complete.  Actual data from Fri Jun 5 04:00:00 2009 to Sat Jun 6 04:00:00 2009 (UTC)
2009-06-04 06:45:18.992 Main temp tables populated.
2009-06-04 06:45:18.992 Updating myth channels.
2009-06-04 06:45:19.012 DB Error (Selecting new channels):
Query was:
SELECT dd_v_station.stationid,   dd_v_station.callsign,                dd_v_station.stationname, dd_v_station.fccchannelnumber,        dd_v_station.channel,     dd_v_station.channelMinor     
FROM dd_v_station LEFT JOIN channel ON      dd_v_station.stationid = channel.xmltvid AND      channel.sourceid = 1 WHERE channel.chanid IS NULL
Driver error was [2/1267]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

2009-06-04 06:45:19.012 Updating icons for sourceid: 1
2009-06-04 06:45:19.013 Channels updated.
2009-06-04 06:49:17.186 DB Error (Populating temporary table dd_v_program):
Query was:
INSERT INTO dd_v_program      ( chanid,         starttime,       endtime,                title,          subtitle,        description,            airdate,        stars,           previouslyshown,        stereo,         subtitled,       hdtv,                   closecaptioned, partnumber,      parttotal,              seriesid,       originalairdate, showtype,               category_type,  colorcode,       syndicatedepisodenumber,        tvrating,       mpaarating,      programid )      SELECT chanid,         scheduletime,    endtime,                title,          subtitle,        description,            year,           stars,           isrepeat,               stereo,         subtitled,       hdtv,                   closecaptioned, partnumber,      parttotal,              seriesid,       originalairdate, showtype,               category_type,  colorcode,       syndicatedepisodenumber,        tvrating,       mpaarating,      dd_program.programid FROM channel, dd_schedule, dd_program WHERE ((dd_schedule.programid = dd_program.programid)  AND        (channel.xmltvid       = dd_schedule.stationid) AND        (channel.sourceid      = 4))
Driver error was [2/1267]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

The error repeats for each attempt to update the guide data.

I ran a pacman update that had some mythtv packages about the time the updates stopped, but otherwise I haven't seen any problems.

I've searched the forum, wiki and flyspray for collation error, but no luck. In a broader google search, this seems to happen frequently to folks w/ regard to mysql, but the solution seems elusive.

Any ideas?

Last edited by craigtv on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 pm 
Well, after searching and reading, I took a wild stab and got mythfilldatabase working, though I'm sure it's not elegant. I'm posting back in case someone else runs into the issue. I'd still love to hear if anyone has feedback on how it might have happened, or if there is a better way of fixing the problem.

The issue was a conflict between the character set used by the temp tables created by mythfilldatabase, and the default character set defined for the mythconverg database. I'm guessing there's a way to change the connection mythfilldatabase uses somehow, but I used just changed the default collation by editing:

Code:
/data/srv/mysql/mythconverg/db.opt

changing the line that reads:

Code:
default-collation=latin1_general_ci

to ...

Code:
default-collation=latin1_swedish_ci

From my reading, mythtv database updates set the default to the latin1_general, but mysql uses latin1_swedish by default. I still don't know why this suddenly became a conflict, but at least i'm getting guide data again.