View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:27 am 
Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with the pretty script? It stopped working for me about a month and a half ago, which IIRC is when I upgraded to the R6 preview.

If I try and run it directly, I get this:

Code:
[root@mythtv /]# /etc/cron.hourly/pretty
Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is not installed!
Please install Net::UPnP or copy ~/.mythtv/config.xml
from a working MythTV installation to /root/.mythtv/config.xml.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/mythtv/contrib/mythrename.pl line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/mythtv/contrib/mythrename.pl line 22.
[root@mythtv /]#

I looked that up, and found other people having similar errors. The solution was to use CPAN to install Net::UPnP::ControlPoint AND Net::UPnP::QueryResponse, as described at the MythTV Wiki:

Quote:
Some users have been unable to use mythrename.pl without installing additional modules. The primary issue is Net::UPnP::ControlPoint? is not installed or an error that says something to that effect. Once Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is installed the error doesn't go away, as one must also install Net::UPnP::QueryResponse, as it is a prerequisite for UPnP::ControlPoint.

In gentoo and other linux distros you can install these by running "cpan" at a terminal, most likely as root. Answer the prompts that follow, then type "install Perl Net::UPnP::ControlPoint" at the cpan prompt and ALSO type "cpan> install Net::UPnP::QueryResponse", then run mythrename.pl either as a user with proper user:group permissions at a terminal or use the same command shown below as a "job" under mythtv-setup.

I tried doing this yesterday... but it seems my CPAN is unable to install either of these modules. I get several errors:

Code:
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
        lib/Net/UPnP/AV
Please inform the author.
Writing Makefile for Net::UPnP
Could not read '/root/.cpan/build/Net-UPnP-1.41-LaPPjU/META.yml'. Falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites
Can't exec "make": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CPAN.pm line 7698.
  SKONNO/Net-UPnP-1.41.tar.gz
  make -- NOT OK
Warning (usually harmless): 'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
Failed during this command:
 BMORROW/PerlInterp-0.05.tar.gz               : make NO
 SKONNO/Net-UPnP-1.41.tar.gz                  : make NO

I found a post from someone using MythDora with the same issue, but no solution. Any ideas?

EDIT:

Hm, perhaps I should have read the first error message more carefully. I copied over the config.xml to root's home, ran /etc/cron.hourly/pretty again, and it still gave the Net::UPnP::ControlPoint error, but the script ran and worked.

I guess this means my cron configuration is messed up somehow... not sure how, though. Root's crontab looks normal, and running the commands by themselves work fine... odd.

Code:
[root@mythtv pretty]# crontab -l root
#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE MANUALLY!! USE crontab -e INSTEAD.
#

# <minute> <hour> <day> <month> <dow> <command>

01 * * * *  /usr/sbin/run-cron /etc/cron.hourly
02 00 * * * /usr/sbin/run-cron /etc/cron.daily
22 00 * * 0 /usr/sbin/run-cron /etc/cron.weekly
42 00 1 * * /usr/sbin/run-cron /etc/cron.monthly

[root@mythtv pretty]#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:16 pm 
Please open a flyspray ticket if there isn't already one there.

BTW - There is: FS#303