View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am 
Hi guys,
After setting up a new system with a new tv, and I am having issue with MythWelcome.

I saw this thread here: clicky and saw that there is an outstanding issue on flyspray here: clicky.

My experience of it so far is using Mythwelcome, on exiting the frontend the system shuts down, but does not rewaken at the necessary time. However, the mythwelcome-test.sh script works effectively and shuts down myth and four minutes later it wakes up.

Is there a clear and easy thing to do to fix this issue? I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I need some drunken-monkey proof instructions.

Running 'the gift' atm.

Many thanks
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:59 pm 
When i initially setup my R6, I couldnt find the mythwelcome-test.sh script, so i just created one in the oldskool method (prior to the swanky KM scripts).

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#$1 is the first argument to the script. It is the time in seconds since 1970
#this is defined in mythtv-setup with the time_t argument

echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm      #this clears your alarm.
echo $1 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm     #this writes your alarm
echo [`date`] "Set Wakeup Time (`cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm`)" >> /var/log/mythtv/setwakeup.log

From there i believe that I setup the mythwelcome and mythtv settings as per this post. There may be the odd difference, but i'm not 100% sure without reading and comparing what i have set.

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18605

If you have the testwakeup working, then from my experience, it is either
1) Myth/Mythwelcome is not sending the correct information to the script (settings as per the above post)
2) The script doesnt have the correct permissions to execute. Mine is currently as follows
Code:
49697 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 590 2009-04-07 13:27 setwakeup.sh
3) Script not set in sudoers. As root, visudo, add the script to the list that can run as root

Either way, i put debugging in the script to see what is happening..

Hope this helps. I can post whatever settings you need from my setup if you like?

Cheers,

Nathan

Cooling: Zalman cu?,
Display: Benq xx projector

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:46 am 
I put the scripts together for r5.5. Unfortunately, as I am busy looking for a new job (my company is in ch.11), I haven't had time to play with R6.

I've added instructions to the flyspray that should fix this. If someone could try it out and add the resulting hwclock.sh script to the flyspray that would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 am 
Hi guys,
Thanks for your responces. Unfortunately my time is rather limited atm. Hopefully I'll get a chance to 'play' on Sunday, but equally I might not be able to have a go even then - depends on how things are going.

However, if I get anywhere I will post my results.

Thanks again
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:17 am 
Chris, did you use the scripts in the first comment or the original of the Flyspray ticket? In the original tar for some reason mythwelcome-set-alarm.sh got corrupted and that is what is currently in the linhes-scripts package. I had jams reopen the ticket and added the corrected tar but it hasn't been commited to the linhes-scripts package yet. Since the test script is working for you I would guess that you have the corrupted version of the mythwelcome-set-alarm.sh script.

Open the mythwelcome-set-alarm.sh and there are the instructions for how to setup mythwelcome and mythtv-setup. The biggest change is that the paths are different from R5.5.

I don't believe that the problem is with the hwclock.sh since it doesn't exist in R6 and the scripts have been working for me for over a month in R6 with no problem. However, I would like to hear others experiences with the scripts and R6 to see if my hardware is an exception to the rule.

Britney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:31 am 
Hi Britney,

As of yet, I've done neither.

But I will replace the existing mythwelcome-set-alarm.sh script with the new version you posted on flyspray.

I'll let know how I get on.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:23 pm 
Hey Britney,

Just as a bit of an update, the file you posted worked like a charm.

I did was download the .tar onto my ubuntu box, copied the relevent file over and made the alterations described in the file.

Fantastic.

Thanks

Chris