View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: R5.5 Choppy Video
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:22 am 
Hi all, I have been so happy with knoppmyth I haven't touched it in a year. I just got back from vacation and now when I try and watch a show the video will freeze for a second then play for a few then freeze again and so on. It seems to get worse through a recording, and not all recordings seem equally effected. I don't know where to start. Is it a problem with the recording or playback? Should I just start over? Upgrade to R6?

Any help direction would be appreciated. My dad is visiting too, so its a bit embarrassing and I don't have a lot of fiddle time until after he leaves in a few days.

JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 am 
JJ, I would take the following steps:

1. If you haven't already done so, reboot your system and see if that clears things up. There is a known memory leak that can cause this problem.

2. Copy one of your recordings to another computer and try watching it there. If it plays smoothly then the issue is a playback issue; if it is choppy then it is likely in the recording.

3. Do you have any recordings on the system that you have watched before that you know you were able to watch at some point in time w/ out difficulty? If so, try playing one of those to see if they are effected.

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.