View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 pm 
Are there instructions on how to get flash video playback to work in MythWeb?

I read the disclaimer on MythWeb:
Quote:
Flash video playback is currently only a proof-of-concept and should be considered EXTREMELY experimental, which is why it has been disabled by default.

It currently expects that ffmpeg is installed and compiled with mp3 support, and that the recordings files are accessible to your webserver userid. It probably won't work with Nupplevideo files, and in the end, it may just not work at all (or maybe even worse).

Enable this feature at your own risk, and don't expect too much official help until it has left the experimental phase.

Based on this I added the http user to the mythtv group. However, that doesn't seem to have changed anything. When I click on the video thumbnail a page opens that has a flash player with a single screen capture from the video. When I click the play button the video goes black and it never starts playing.

Thanks.[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:44 am 
Can I at least get some feedback on this? Is anyone else running flash without problems? Does everyone else just not care about flash streaming? Do I need to setup a transcode to flash job for the videos before I can watch them?

Bueller?

Post subject: Me too ...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 am 
I used the Flash player every day over a low-bandwidth link and it was great. Any way to re-enable it?

Post subject: Really?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:19 pm 
Nobody cares about this feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:10 pm 
I care. I had it running once (and only once) on R5.5 and then I got the same behaviour. I simply never had time to debug it as I typically use myth2ipod and then RSS it out to my laptop and Blackberry using doppler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:33 pm 
I tried it from a home laptop and lighttp went into a memory hogging cycle stealing never-ending loop and nothing streamed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:17 pm 
Christ, can you give some details on the how you did the RSS solution. Is it difficult to pull off and can you watch recordings on your blackberry? Sounds pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:56 pm 
Big boy stan wrote:
Christ, can you give some details on the how you did the RSS solution. Is it difficult to pull off and can you watch recordings on your blackberry? Sounds pretty cool.

Sure. It is reasonably straight forward. One of the transcoders available in myth is "myth2ipod" which is in /usr/local/bin.

You need to determine where you will pick up the files and RSS feed file. In my case, I use SMEServer (smeserver.org) which hosts my files and web access. You then modify myth2ipod's "User Variables" to point to the right paths and define the url's etc. Ensure your web directory is readable from the internet.

When myth records a show, tell it to automatically transcode with myth2ipod. You can set this per recording profile so I usually set specific shows to do this. When the transcoding is complete, you will end up with an mp4 file in the designated directory and an updated feed.php.

On my laptop I installed doppler (it was built to download podcasts but it hasn't been maintained for a while) and told it to update my feeds automatically. I gave it my url for my transcoded file directory with feed info coming from "feed.php".

So now, when ever my laptop is connected to the internet, it automatically sucks in any recordings from the last time it connected (including partial transfers).

To get it to my blackberry, I have it set to sync with my downloaded directory on my laptop whenever it connects via USB. Eventually if I can find a decent BB RSS reader that can download video for the BB, then I'll get it to feed directly when it has a WiFi connection.

I travel a lot as some on the board know, so this allows me to watch my shows on my laptop when I'm stuck in a hotel or on the road. I usually use my BB to watch shows when I'm on a plane as it is always ready and doesn't need to boot up.

Don't you just love this stuff!

C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 am 
So, it looks like there is a new flashplayer in mythweb in 0.22. However, this one isn't working for me either...

This is the current error I get:
http://www.screencast.com/users/transma ... 47f5d0f439

Code:
200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip]' http://192.168.1.120:80//mythweb/pl/stream/3712/1256608680.flv"

If I go into my mythweb directory I do not see a pl folder. Do I need to create this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:57 pm 
Hi,

I'm not sure if you have fixed this, but i have managed to get it going.

I am running testing repos, and mythtv 0.22. I think 0.21 may have a different dependency.

I think the handler for the streaming is missing a perl module, namely Math::Round. I installed it using:
Code:
cpan -i Math::Round

And it now works.

If you are running 0.21, then i think you may need to install "Fcntl" and "Sys::Hostname" but i can not say for certain.

Ticket is here:
http://linhes.org/flyspray/index.php?do ... ask_id=605

BigB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:19 am 
bigB wrote:
I think the handler for the streaming is missing a perl module, namely Math::Round. I installed it using:
Code:

And it now works.

I tried this and it does not fix the problem on my machine. Did you do any other steps first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:46 pm 
bigB wrote:
Code:

And it now works.

Works for me now too! Thanks BigB! :D