View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 am 
I have screwed up my 6.03 back end. (How I did so I'll leave for the appendix.)

Now, when I run a frontend on either my backend machine or my remote frontend, I get "Error: MythTV database has newer TV schema (1259) than expected (1254)."

What is the best way to get myself out of this mess? If I do an "upgrade" with a 6.03 CD, will that fix it? Is there a way to fiddle with schemas manually (I think I saw a thread on this here but not sure I followed it)? Or is my only option to do something like: export key stuff out of a subset of the database tables, do a LinHES 6.03 upgrade (not an install), then put the tables back?

Thanks.

-----------

APPENDIX:

On my remote frontend, I had been running Mythbuntu due to not being able to get LinHES to boot from a USB drive (the frontend had no CD drive in it). I could get Mythbuntu to install via USB, so I had to go with that.

Things were working fine, until of course I upgraded the LinHES backend to 6.03. Remote frontend wouldn't talk to the backend--schema mismatch. I upgraded the Mythbuntu box to 10.04 hoping that would help. Didn't help. I then of course started flailing around, activating various repos and installing various versions of MythTV. Of course, at some point, something I did on the remote frontend updated the backend database and screwed up the schemas, unbeknown to me

Then I figured out both a way to install LinHES from CD as well as why it wasn't installing from USB before (a conflict where I can't install if the nVidia card is in the machine). I thought running LinHES 6.03 on both would fix things, but the damage had already been done.

On a personal note, I really hate this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:24 pm 
I just hit this problem as well. I upgraded my backend running Mythbuntu and now my LinHES frontend can not talk to it.
I will try using a Mythbuntu livecd for a few days and see if that works, and if not then I will just install it and upgrade to the same version of Myth on the backend.

Kinda sucks that this happened, but I was wanting to also try Boxee and now I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:35 pm 
I should have waited before posting the previous message. I did another update on the Mythbuntu backend, and now the mismatch is gone. So not as important to reinstall tonight to keep the wife happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:54 pm 
Thanks for the reply.

I tried to use the LinHES CD to do an upgrade. Nothing like seeing "FAILED" in big 72 point letters on my screen. Tried rebooting and system is now incomplete.

MythTV gets one more chance and then I'm going EyeTV and a Mac mini. Don't need the aggravation any more.