View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:35 pm 
Hi,

I seem to have a problem grabbing information on movies from IMDB. It works fine if I enter the IMDB number manually, but if I try to have it done automatically the myth frontend closes. The files I have been trying to look up are movies I've encoded into .avi format. I thought that it would just look for the title when trying to find the information, so I made sure to have the movie title the exact same as it is on IMDB. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:54 pm 
From what I can figure out, MythVideo does a best guess when it queries IMDB. For instance the movie AI(artifical intellgence) with a file name of ai.avi will not retrieve the correct information. Memento(memento.avi) will return the correct info. So it is all based on file name...

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:52 pm 
Do you know what might be causing the frontend to crash? When I had Myth compiled on RedHat in the past it wouldn't do that. It only does it when trying to get the information automatically.

Thanks again,
Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:23 pm 
well exit out of mythtv then open up a terminal and run mythfrontend from there, and see if you get any info in the terminal when it crashes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:46 am 
cesman wrote:
From what I can figure out, MythVideo does a best guess when it queries IMDB. For instance the movie AI(artifical intellgence) with a file name of ai.avi will not retrieve the correct information. Memento(memento.avi) will return the correct info. So it is all based on file name...
Actually I found something different. If you go to the video manager section then hit a number key you can edit the information so that it will search for something different in the IMDB.

Post subject: Mythvideo Crash
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:22 am 
Xsecrets wrote:
well exit out of mythtv then open up a terminal and run mythfrontend from there, and see if you get any info in the terminal when it crashes.

I'm getting the same problem using RC4, I'm getting segmentation faults on auto lookup, and if I enter the imdb number manually it doesn't seem to accept the 'enter' key, just sits there.

I should add that it worked with the first couple of films I put in, but then stopped.