View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: recored files
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:00 pm 
where are the recored files being stored at?

Post subject: Re: recored files
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:33 pm 
pdxbenjamin wrote:
where are the recored files being stored at?

kind of depends upon what you mean by "recorded files"

If you mean the files that contain your recorded programs, you will find them in the folder /myth/tv with the extention nuv. They are named with a date and timestamp that identifies when they were recorded and for how long. If you have enabled immediate transcoding, or request that the program you are watching be transcoded, you will also find a .old file once the transcoding is complete. That file is usually 3 to 5 times larger than the tanscoded .nuv file, and you may want to set up a cron job to clean these files out periodically.

If you mean the music files that you are ripping off of your CD's, those files will be found in the /myth/music folder, under folders identifying artist and album by default.

If you mean videos you have ripped off of DVD's, I am not sure. I don't have a dvd player on my box yet, however I suspect that they will be in the folder /myth/video, named with the name of the video.

If you have decided to make a longer term storage of the movies that you have captured with your capture card, the location will be dependent upon how you run the nuvexport program. My own preference is to login as mythtv, change directory to /myth/video, run the nuvexport program, and tell it to store the file in the current directory. You can tell it to store files in another directory, but it will be done on a per file/program basis.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:10 am 
actually the default on automatic transcoding is to remove the old file, you have to tell it to leave it there. or at least that's the way it used to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:07 am 
Xsecrets wrote:
actually the default on automatic transcoding is to remove the old file, you have to tell it to leave it there. or at least that's the way it used to work.

Not having tried Automatic Transcoding (I am not particularly impressed with the detected comercial breaks) I don't know.

I do know that once I have elminated comercial breaks, and tell Myth to begin transcoding, I am left with a .nuv.old file. Not sure if this is something that can be configured or not.

-Rusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:32 am 
I pretty sure there is a spot in the setup menu that allows you to set this. of course if it didn't transcode properly and then deleted the file you're just SOL. I haven't been to impressed with the comercial skip stuff either. I used to try to have it automatically skip commercials during playback, but had to turn it off because I would skip half of some of my shows. (West Wing is really bad about it) now I let it detect the commercials but not automagically skip them during playback. Of course that was several versions ago I may try it agian soon. I don't transcode, so nothing lost, just skipped.