PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:01 am 
Mac

check your PM feel free to have a poke around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:04 am 
Mac

we have been trying to get around the mutiple pvr card issues

lirc1 would actually be my second pvr card

the new irblaster script is supposed to get around having the user manually make a second irblaster node.

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:06 am 
Going to bed I will tackle this again tommorow morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 am 
OK craig, I had a look on your box and did this:
Code:
root@mythtv:~# ls -la /etc/rc5.d/*ir*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 19 Apr  4 00:04 /etc/rc5.d/S21irblaster -> ../init.d/irblaster
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 14 Apr  3 21:33 /etc/rc5.d/S21lirc -> ../init.d/lirc

This shows you have lirc starting at 21 now too, which was your original problem.
Just do:
Code:
update-rc.d -f lirc remove
update-rc.d lirc defaults 20
and lirc will go back to starting at 20 before irblaster and all your problems will be solved.
The question is why did you have lirc starting at S21? Did you make that change yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:34 am 
were were both poking around in there at the same time..

I take it was you who got my bcast ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:31 am 
Greg/Mac

No I didn't make that change and infact reinstalled twice to give myself a clean slate.

would you like me to reinstall again and see if it is repeatable.

What is the command to see what is starting when?

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:50 am 
sorry guys I rebooted and still get connection refused. Irsend seems to go once but not change the box I run it again and I get the connection refused.

I am going to revert back to R5B7, use your new script and see what happens.

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:11 am 
Ok

R5B7

Followed same process, only issue was that lirc receiver did not work right away I had to stop and restart the service. On a reboot everything kept working.

I will try a reinstall
Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:05 pm 
I have a PVR350 IR receiver that works great. My IR blaster is plugged into COM1 and hasn't worked so well. I followed the instructions in the second post without any luck. ps -def | grep irblaster shows:
root 4960 1 0 Apr03 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/irblasterd --driver=default --device=/dev/irblaster --pidfile=/var/run/irblasterd.pid --output=/dev/irblasterd /etc/irblaster/irblasterd.conf

When I try to test the setup using
Code:
irsend -d /dev/irblasterd SEND_ONCE JVC_RAW select
I get:

irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE JVC_RAW select
irsend: transmission failed

looking at dmesg shows:

BUG: using smp_processor_id() in preemptible [00000001] code: irblasterd/4960
caller is lirc_ioctl+0x280/0x340 [lirc_serial]
[<c02bd94c>] debug_smp_processor_id+0x8c/0xa0
[<e14322a0>] lirc_ioctl+0x280/0x340 [lirc_serial]
[<e1407f5e>] irctl_ioctl+0x14e/0x190 [lirc_dev]
[<c017d4f6>] do_ioctl+0x46/0x70
[<c017d693>] vfs_ioctl+0x53/0x1c0
[<c017d847>] sys_ioctl+0x47/0x70
[<c0103239>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks.

By the way, I am trying to control a Dish301 receiver and a SONY STR-AV900. For the receiver I use this config file:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/25066
They Sony works with a file from the remotes archive at lirc's web page, I don't remeber the specific one right now though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:05 am 
I fought with this for a few hours, and was using the same config. Seems LIRC doesn't like it anymore. Try grabbing this DISH 301 Config and see if it helps you.

My other issue was originally I had my receiver set to another remote ID, which of course had to be reset. All is working well now.

Greg.[/url]

Post subject: R5B7 and lircd devices
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:24 pm 
OK, so it looks like you guys have got varying success using irblasters. Apart from the downloading of an earlier version of lirc, and manually doing everything (which I have tried with about 5 seperate installs, after trying to figure out just what to modify on r5b7 stock install), has anyone simply using a homebrew receiver and any generic remote had any joy getting it going with just a few modifications to files ??? Any chance this info could be shared with us ????

Excellent work with this version Cesman, Dale et al. Just waiting on getting the remotes working, then I will be installing r5b7 all over the place !!!! and spreading the Knoppmyth word !!!!!

Cheers
Matt Shaw
matt@shagshaw.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:11 pm 
Definately. home-brew receiver working after dropping the config file into /etc/lirc from what I remember. It's the "simple IR receiver" from lirc.org.

Greg.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:14 am 
mattshaw wrote:
Has anyone simply using a homebrew receiver and any generic remote had any joy getting it going with just a few modifications to files ??? Any chance this info could be shared with us ????

If you have a homebrew receiver and a homebrew blaster on the same serial port, it should be easy to set up. You can do it the way gfoster suggested and set up the default instance of lirc to use lirc_serial to handle it, or, you can skip the lirc setup and set it up as a blaster (after making the modifications in the second post at the start of this thread).

I am working on getting those modifications into the next public release of knoppmyth, so that it is a simple matter of saying that you have a blaster and then selecting the device controlled by the blaster from a menu of items, and it will all just work.

If anyone uses a serial port blaster and has not yet given me their lirc config file that defines their remote codes,
now is the time to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:24 pm 
I've got a homebrew receiver and blaster running on the same serial port... the receiver is working great, but I've had no joy getting the blaster working.

I set lirc up with "With Transmitter Diode" and "Software Generated Carrier" both checked. I don't get any error messages back from irsend, just no signal from my blaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:04 pm 
Hey Greg,

As per your request, I am using an IR Blaster on COM 1. My set top is the Motorola DCT2500. The remote codes that I used for previous releases of Myth TV are located here:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DCT2524

I have loaded the latest release of Myth (R5B7). My capture card is a PVR250 and I can watch live TV but cannot change channels. When I installed Myth, I selected the Haupaggue Remote setting becuase I did not have a selection for the Remote ( http://www.ezremote.com/setupcodehelp/u ... e=atlasdvr ) that comes with the DCT.

My main question is, what is the step by step intructions on how to configure the IR Blaster with Lirc to work with a Digital Cable Box with this lastest release? Is there a different procedure with the addition of the IR Blaster configuration questions in the intial setup of Myth? My understanding is that you just have to give lirc the proper codes for your remote and then enter the command for the change channel script that you can cut and paste from a How-To site.

Aside from trying to reload Lirc from scratch ( which I'm not willing to do :) ) Could anybody from the community please contribute there sucesses with setting up R5B7 with an IR Blaster and a Set Top Box?

If we need to start a new thread, please comment it here so I know where to continue this discussion.

Hope this helps you out Greg. Hope I'm not too late for this information to contribute.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next