View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: The state of KnoppMyth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:50 pm 
Site Admin
Hello Everyone,

Dale and I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. We are still working on R5 and decided to give everyone a status report. We are adding as much of the R5 requests as possible. At times the work may be slow but we are happy with the progress being made. We want to ensure as complete and bugfree a release as possible. We have been happy w/ R4 and don't feel a need to try and rush R5. Sorry we have not produced 0.13 .debs for R4. I used checkinstall to produce the debs of 0.12 for R4, which has problems w/ 0.13. We are working on building our own debs for the various programs included w/ KnoppMyth R5. Depending on the program, building a deb can be easy, unfortunately that is not the case w/ all of them. If you'd like to use 0.13, you can install from source or use Matt's debs. Dale and I will alpha R5 between ourselves then make an announcement for beta testers that will provide feedback, when we think the time is ready. Please don't email and ask to be a beta tester as everyone will be given an equal opportunity when the time comes. So, you'd like to help?! Well if you have experience with making, debs that would be great! If you've modified/patched KnoppMyth in order to get certain hardware working, we'd appreciate that information. If you have a working /etc/lircd.conf and .lircrc sending those files would be great.

Dale and Cecil

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]