View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:44 am 
Well from testing over the last few days, things are going great! Must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the maturity of this project in recent times. Safe to say that instead of sleeping, I've been playing with R5C7! Thankfully the boss doesn't mind my afternoon cat nap, as he wants to set up something similar as well.

Only customisation so far is using LVM for the /myth mount, want to be adding hdd's soon. :roll:

tv_grab_au_ice works flawlessly :)

Gotta figure out the remote still, as it does work, but I need to map the keys up correctly. Skip forward + Backward, play and pause are the only buttons that work. Just using the Remote that came with the card.

Video type: HDTV + SDTV
Type of system: combined front- and back-end
Noise level: Cant really tell till my case arrives and my computer room is as loud as a small server room :shock:

CASE: Standard Tower Case (Thermaltake Bach should arrive in a week)
PSU: Cheapo (Thermaltake 430w silent, will post model when it arrives, can't remember what it was...)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P4P800E Deluxe
CPU: P4 2.4c (Hpyer Threading, coolest running P4 in that series, runs at room temp @ 28degrees celsius, 35 under heavy load. Should be able to keep it nice and cool silently)
RAM: 2 x 512MB Kingston matched pairs, 3x3x4.5 (i think, can't really remember..)
CPU HEATSINK: Standard P4 cooler
NORTHBRIDGE HEATSINK: Factory
CD/DVD-RW: Pioneer 108D - Dual Layer 16x DVD+-RW
HDD: 120GB Western Digital
GRAPHICS CARD: Xpert Vision Nvidia Geforce 5550 (haven't hooked it up to a proper tv yet though)
SOUNDCARD: On Board AC97 (Want to put an Audigy 2 ZS in it, but haven't research compatability yet.
TUNER CARD: Dvico Fusion DVB-T Plus
REMOTE CONTROL: Fusion Remote MCE
INFRARED RECEIVER: Fusion USB Receiver that came with card.
TV Guide: IceTV using tv_grab_au_ice script (its currently out by 8 hours, I will work out where that setting is...)

EDIT: Thanks for pointing that out, Should really learn to read those things... :idea:

Intel Desktop Board
2GB DDR400
nVidia 6600GT
Dvico HDTV+
Dvico Dual 4
200GB WD for Swap /boot & /
2x 500GB WD with LVM & XFS for /myth/tv

Last edited by techman83 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:49 am 
It would be helpful if you could fill out the template from the sticky posting: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10955 It makes these recommendations far more useful to other folks looking to follow your "recipe for success".

Thanks.

Post subject: Now R5D7
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:17 am 
Well I intentionally played around with stuff till I killed my old installment of R5C7 (I like to fiddle and it wasn't really being used yet, still waiting on new case as there isn't room in my lounge for it!) Oh I'd also managed to not create a LVM partition when setting up R5C7 :oops:

Installed R5D1. Installment Flew through. Manual Install, Setup LVM, checked fstab, mount points were correct (from memory...), Setup up card, setup tv_grab_au to be IceTV, mapped the channels to the guide and bob's your aunty :wink:

Must Say, very happy/impressed.

Myth no longer looses focus after exiting xine :D

I have also nearly finished mapping everything up on my Dvico Fusion MCE Remote. Once done will post that in the hints/howto section. Testing so far has prooven very positive, been documenting all mappings as I go 8)

Intel Desktop Board
2GB DDR400
nVidia 6600GT
Dvico HDTV+
Dvico Dual 4
200GB WD for Swap /boot & /
2x 500GB WD with LVM & XFS for /myth/tv