Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:53 am 
nicom wrote:
As you can see it has country=au. Maybe there is a problem with my iso

Hi Richard,

Yes, it should have run that script (where it asks for TUHS stuff) during the post-install setup.

Try running KnoppMyth-run directly next. If it doesn't run the Ausdragon script you ran manually, it will probably narrow it down to /bin/grep being missing, and that would probably mean you don't have a complete iso (like you said).

In that case, cat /proc/cmdline|grep 'country=au' is the line that fails and you should try to run it manually.

Did you have trouble downloading or burning the iso? Did the checksums match? Were there any glitches during the install?

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:21 am 
Mike,

If by "running KnoppMyth-run" you mean from the console all that happens is the frontend starts up with no attempt to run the script. I had a look in /bin and there is a grep file although it is full of unreadable characters.

I tried "cat /proc/cmdline|grep 'country=au'" in the console followed by the Tweaker script and it just dropped back to the prompt.

As for the download, I got it from bit torrent with no problems. I just checked the md5 and it comes up OK. Maybe it's in the CD burn although I did slow it down to 4X.

Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:46 am 
nicom wrote:
Mike,

If by "running KnoppMyth-run" you mean from the console all that happens is the frontend starts up with no attempt to run the script. I had a look in /bin and there is a grep file although it is full of unreadable characters.

I tried "cat /proc/cmdline|grep 'country=au'" in the console followed by the Tweaker script and it just dropped back to the prompt.

As for the download, I got it from bit torrent with no problems. I just checked the md5 and it comes up OK. Maybe it's in the CD burn although I did slow it down to 4X.

Richard

Whoops! Sorry. Before running it, type "touch /home/mythtv/.configure" in the console.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:49 pm 
Mike,

I reburnt a CD from my downloaded image and tried that. Same result.

a) I tried the following
Code:
touch /home/mythtv/.configure
cat /proc/cmdline|grep 'country=au'
KnoppMyth-run

and it checked time zone and went through to the standard setup to mythtv-setup with no pick-up of stations.

b) I also tried
Code:
touch /home/mythtv/.configure
cat /proc/cmdline|grep 'country=au'
AusDragonTweaker.sh

and it asked for state, weather location, TUHS username, password and then after a long pause it went back to the prompt. I then tried KnoppMyth-run and got the same result as a).

I also tried the same as b) but instead of KnoppMyth-run I shut down the backend and ran mythtv-setup. Same result.

One thing I haven't mentioned is that I do not have the Streamzap remote at the moment and I have the Fusion remote sensor plugged into a usb port but I don't believe this would cause a problem.

Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:12 pm 
Another update.

I downloaded another iso and burnt another disk. Same result as previous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:35 pm 
Latest update.

I finally got the Streamzap remote and reinstalled KM. Again the script failed to perform the setup. I have given up and performed mythtv-setup manually and run Mike's fixepg-au.sh script to populate the program guide. The machine appears to be working well with both cards recording.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:14 pm 
nicom wrote:
Latest update.

I finally got the Streamzap remote and reinstalled KM. Again the script failed to perform the setup. I have given up and performed mythtv-setup manually and run Mike's fixepg-au.sh script to populate the program guide. The machine appears to be working well with both cards recording.

Hi Richard,

Can you send me a zipped copy of /var/log/mythtv/KnoppMyth-run.log from your machine? I'm guessing "no" as you've just installed it manually, but if you have a copy of a failed auto-install version, I'd appreciate having a look.

Great you have it running, all the same.

Thanks

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:40 pm 
Mike, if someone has this problem again, be sure to have them run AusDragonTweaker.sh and AusSQLtweak.sh manually. Both are necessary to do the tweaking, from my brief scan of the scripts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:47 pm 
Even though this isn't my baby, I think I may have found the problem :) Mike, I think you need to augment KnoppMyth-run to add double quotes around your $IS_AUS checks. Example:
Code:
IS_AUS=`echo "auto BOOT_IMAGE=Linux ro root=801 splash=silent nomce all-generic-ide pci=nommconf apm=power-off quiet country=au resume2=swap:/dev/sda2 noresume2" | grep 'country=au'`
# if [ -n $IS_AUS ]; then echo "doooo"; fi
-bash: [: too many arguments

but...
Code:
# if [ -n "$IS_AUS" ]; then echo "doooo"; fi
doooo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:29 am 
Mike,

When I said manual install, I did try it with the ausdragon2 boot parameter but just resorted to manual when the setup did not happen. The /var/log/mythtv/KnoppMyth-run.log is very short and not worth zipping. Here it is
Code:
/usr/local/bin/KnoppMyth-run started running on Sun Jun 17 21:22:11 PDT 2007
---
---
---
'mythtv' web user account setup ...
httpd not running, trying to start
httpd not running, trying to start
---
(Reading database ... 83202 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libgl1-mesa-dev 6.5.1-0.5 (using libgl1-mesa-dev_6.5.1-0.5_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libgl1-mesa-dev ...
Preparing to replace mesa-common-dev 6.5.1-0.5 (using mesa-common-dev_6.5.1-0.5_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mesa-common-dev ...
Setting up mesa-common-dev (6.5.1-0.5) ...
Setting up libgl1-mesa-dev (6.5.1-0.5) ...
---

Hope that helps.

Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:51 pm 
nicom wrote:
Mike,

When I said manual install, I did try it with the ausdragon2 boot parameter but just resorted to manual when the setup did not happen. The /var/log/mythtv/KnoppMyth-run.log is very short and not worth zipping. Here it is

Hope that helps.

Richard

No, not at all, but that's cool. I realised that you probably wouldn't have made a copy of the log file from an unsuccessful attempt (I wouldn't have, either).

I installed onto foreign hardware yesterday using "ausdragon2" (Athlon XP2500+ ) and it still worked. Only weird thing was that it re-named the IDE drive "hde" and the SATA drive "hda". Still, worked well.
I'd been setting it up for a friend and had neglected to set up the channels in TUHS. So, did that then ran fixepg-au.sh and mythfilldatabase and it fixed it all up.

Glad it worked in the end and that my script (even if it was a different one) was of assistance.

Go to page Previous  1, 2