View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:07 pm 
This card works out of the box with r5f1 knoppmyth. I had no issues on a manual install (leaving /myth intact)

It's a PCI-Xpress card and it can be picked up for about $60. I moved down to this card because I purchased a 8600 GT for my new setup which just isn't ready for primetime with Knoppmyth/X/ and the immature linux drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:35 pm 
I second that statement. I was using onboard which worked fine, but I don't have a VGA-to-Composite/S-Video converter so I went to a local computer shop and picked up Gigabyte's GeForce 7100GS for $55 ($45 on Newegg, so I got a good deal I think). I popped it in, reinstalled KM and it worked absolutely perfectly right out of the box, TV-Out and all.

There is one thing to watch out for though. Gigabyte's card comes with that TV-Out box that connects to the video card and gives you your TV ports (S-Video/Component), but strangely enough, it didn't have a composite connection. Since I have an older 27" TV I am connecting it to with no S-Video, I started to panic, but then realized the similar device from my 7900GT had the composite connection I needed and worked perfectly fine on my new 7100GS. This may not be an issue with other card manufacturers, but keep your eyes open and check before buying one if this will be an issue. (Either that, or buy an S-video-to-composite adapter)

512MB Kingston DDR2-667
GeForce 7100 GS
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Hauppauge PVR-150
160GB WD HDD
12X NEC DVD-RW