View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:06 pm 
Works like a charm.

A note: The on-board videocard (SIS630) can't be disabled with a jumper, Linux will always detect it and load the module. This is no problem, just remember to enable the nvidia drivers, else X won't startup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:23 pm 
Hi, I did a quick search at newegg and none of the terminators there have that video chipset. Could you give a little more info, like where you got it, is it quiet, etc. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:29 am 
Well it's the SIS630 chipset, but in Linux the sis900 module gets loaded. The ata66 controller and the videocard gets detected as "SiS630"

I got it at the local computer store (Velsen, The Netherlands) a few years back.. It's called the Asus Terminator P-III and it looks like [url="http://www.asus.com/products/desktop/termk7_ddr/overview.htm#"]this one[/url]. It's not the K7 DDR, but the version with a Coppermine pentium 3.

It's kinda quiet, but in the living room any background noise is frustrating so i'll probably take it to a cooler-shop when I got some money.

The onboard videocard doesn't have tv-out so i had to put the pci Aopen GeforceFX 5200 card in..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:28 am 
Thanks. I'm in the market for a frontend or two. Can't decide which way to go. :)