Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:44 am 
R5A30.2
PII 450 Mhz - I440BX
320 MB RAM
PVR-150
MSI-GF4

This install was a breeze. I did have problems because I did not know which video card to select or the proper settings for my cable input.

For the PVR-150, PVR-250, PVR-350, PVR-500 and possibly other hauppauge cards, this is how to get them configured.

In myth-setup under General, on the 3rd page, "General Backend Setup", the Channel frequency table must be set correctly for you. For me default did not work, nor did us-cable. I had to use us-cable-hrc. My provider is comcast. Before changing this my symptoms were static picture except on channels 5 and 6.

In myth-setup under Capture Cards, select new capture card. On the Captuer Card Setup page, the Card type: setting defaults to Stadard V4L capture card. This needs to be changed to MPEG-2 Encoder card (PVR-250, PVR-350).

I hope that armed with the above knowledge, anyone capable of installing windows, could install knopmyth and have it working within 45 minutes.

I know this is a low end box, but I even added a second PVR-150 while I was troubleshooting a hardware problem. The IR receiver was bad on one of the cards. With 2 cards installed I could record 2 programs and watch a 3rd recorded program, using this box as the front end. If you can put up with slow performance, this is a usable configuration.

I did the same install on an Athlon 2000+ with a gig of ram. The only difference was the install went faster and all the menuing was faster.

mike

I am modifying this post, after playing for a week. This was a tier 1 install, untill configuring the S-Video out on the video card. I also found that I did not have a GeForce 4 but a GeForce 2. Also the only recording I did on this box was done at 480x480 with a max bitrate of 6000.

All that said, if this machine was used to watch TV on a computer monitor on the digital out, it would be usable.

PVR-150 - HD-5000
Geforce FX 5200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:39 pm 
hello,
i was wondering if you are using a comcast settop box as i am starting to do research and want to make sure i have all the correct hardware. i assume you are outputting to a TV?