View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:44 pm 
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:01 am
Posts: 1
# Video type: SDTV
# Type of system: combined front/backend
# Noise level: pretty quiet
# CASE: Dell Dimension 4100
# PSU: Dell Dimension 4100
# MOTHERBOARD: Dell Dimension 4100 (intel 815)
# CPU: Pentium III 866MHz
# RAM: 512MB
# CPU HEATSINK: Dell stock
# CD/DVD-RW: no-name 52x CDROM
# GRAPHICS CARD: GeForce 3 TI500
# SOUNDCARD: SoundBlaster Live Value
# TUNER CARD: Hauppauge WinTV Go

First I relocated the SQL database to another machine. On the myth machine I did a
mythtv@mythtv:~$ mysqldump -umythtv -p mythconverg > myth.sql
. Once that was dumped, I copied it to my current database server, created a database named 'mythconverg' and reimported the schema with
mythtv@mythtv:~$ mysql -umythtv -p
mysql> create database mythconverg;
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@192.168.1.x identified by <pass>
mythtv@mythtv:~$ mysql -h <db IP> -umythtv -p mythconverg < myth.sql

Upon doing this, I realized that MythWeb would be broken. I added the database server's IP and hostname to /etc/hosts, and opened up /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/db.php. Line 83 needed a change, so I commented the original out and added:
        $this->dbh = @mysql_connect(DBSERVER, mythtv, MYTHPASS)
. Mythweb worked. I turned off mysql services to conserve resources by doing a
update-rc.d -f mysql remove

From there all I had to do was add the big 120GB disk. Becuase I'm weird, I chose to use one big partition of XFS. After fdisking the drive down to one huge partition, I
root@mythtv:~# mkfs.xfs /dev/hdb1

I cleared out /myth/tv and added a line in my /etc/fstab to make the 120GB disk mount at /myth/tv
/dev/hdb1 /myth/tv xfs defaults 0 0

Remembering that I have movies on my storage server, I futzed with autofs per the instructions at ... +and+samba .

Finally, all I had to do to get SVideo output working was copy /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.nvidia-tvout.sample to XF86Config-4, turn overscan down from 0.8 to 0.7, and do /etc/init.d/gdm restart to restart the X server.

Recording works great, caps out at around 80% CPU, which is tolerable. Live TV is pretty choppy, unfortunatly. I will soon be purchasing a PVR-150 card, since those have good reviews and come with a remote.


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu