|ASUS M3N78-EM motherboard
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Valent [ Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:34 pm ]|
|Post subject:||ASUS M3N78-EM motherboard|
I have tested ASUS M3N78-EM motherboard with Knoppmyth R5.5
* Socket AM2/AM2+ - AMD Phenom™ FX / Phenom / Athlon™ / Sempron™
* Integrated NVIDIA GeForce® 8 Series GPU with HDMI/DVI/RGB
* Realtek® ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC with optical S/PDIF out port at back I/O
* NVIDIA built-in Gigabit MAC with external Realtek PHY
* 1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66/33, 1 xExternal SATA 3 Gb/s ports 5 x SATA 3Gb/s ports (Use SATA1-3 for IDE mode.), NVIDIA® MediaShield™ RAID Support RAID 0,1,0+1,5,JBOD
Installation - flawless
Onboard Nvidia 8300 GPU worked out of the box, analog sound worked, Gigabit ethernet worked
I only needed to fiddle with enabling digital spdif sound via optical cable.
To enable it just edit file: /etc/modprobe.d/sound
so that it has this line:
options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=6stack-digout
sound chip on this via lspci -v command:
00:07.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP78S [GeForce 8200] High Definition Audio (rev a1)
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 82fe
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
Memory at fce78000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Capabilities:  Power Management version 2
Capabilities:  Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask+ 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
Capabilities: [6c] HyperTransport: MSI Mapping
|Author:||mkyrylen [ Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:19 am ]|
I got R6 going on this motherboard, using the HDMI output.
Installation went smoothly.
The above change was implemented, but I am not sure it was necessary.
To finally get it working, I had to unmute in 'alsamixer'.
NOTE: I disabled analog output in the Bios, which kept HDMI as the only valid audio output option . Only the 'Internal' audio was activated.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group