View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:49 pm 
OK, this post is actually a reference to one I put into the HDTV section, but I wanted to put a mention here also to make it easier for peeps to find.

Basically, I have a Shuttle SN41G2 and a PVR350 for my Myth box. I'd been using the SVIDEO out, but I was unhappy with the quality I got when surfing the web using my Sony KP-61HS10 rear projection. This unit has the ability to support 480p and 1080i via component in.

I am currently running R4V4. The link below will show you what you need to get component signals out of your box so that your 1080i TV can display them. Some additional tweaking may be needed, but what I have done is to shorten the info that is available on www.wilsonet.com. Please see that site for more details in the High-Def section.

The only thing I did that is slightly different from what is on that site is I tweaked the XF86Config-4 file correctly for KnoppMyth as Jarod does not use XFree86, so his sample config would not work straight from his site for R4v4. Once I verified my XF86 file on my VGA monitor, it worked perfectly on my HDTV set.

If your equipment is not exactly what I have here, then please be careful as you could damage your equipment. However, I believe this setup should work for any 1080i component in sets..someone post if this may not be the case.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17340#17340