2xmaxtor 160gb
fsp300-60pfn power supply

frontend/slave backend
p4 prescott 3.0E ht 1mb cache socket 478
2x256mb pc3200 ddr
shuttle ab60n 865PE motherboard
chaintech av-710
leadtek tv2000xp deluxe connected to analog cable
1xmaxtor 160gb (ran setacm to enable quiet mode)
geforce FX5600
seasonic s12-380 power supply
antec slk3000b case
1 antec tricool 120mm case fan
1 yate loon D12SM-12 120mm case fan
zalman 6500 socket 478 cooler
Infocus X1 projector

I ran a r5a12 auto install on both of these.

The optical spdif output using /dev/adsp "just works" in mythtv from the chaintech av-710 which is great. Just make sure to disable the onboard audio. I also checked the ac3 to spdif passthough box and unchecked the "use internal volume controls".

The same is true for the HD-3000 drivers which is very nice. The tv2000xp requires some work, however as noted below.

I followed the linhes directions http://www.mysettopbox.tv/linhes.html. There was an update for r5a12 posted by jesse in the usage forum http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3428.

For the tv2000xp, I modified /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video/bttv-cards.c. Search for the Leadtek WinFast 2000 section and change .tuner_type=5 to .tuner_type=2. 5 is Pal which makes the card get autodetected wrong. After that modification, ran make modules which chokes on the usb drivers. That's fine though because it makes bttv-cards.o before that.
I also modified /etc/modules to:
bttv card=34 tuner=2
tuner type=2
as per this post http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3705

After those changes the tv2000xp works for me.

The default values KnoppMyth puts into XF86Config-4 seem to work fine. The only thing I changed is 'nv' to 'nvidia' after installing the 6629 nvidia drivers.

For the two tuners, I setup up NTSC and us-cable in the global backend setting. For the HD-3000, I changed its setting from default to us-broadcast. I also changed the individual channel settings from default to ATSC for the digital channels. After doing this, the recordings for both tuners work fine. For some reason, when I do it the other way -- ATSC and us-broadcast as global default and overrides of us-cable for the tv2000xp and NTSC for the individual cable channels leaves me with a black and white picture on the tv2000xp tuner.

I still have a time problem. I did a little searching and as far as I can tell, it is a qt bug. If I set my timezone to Eastern, the guide data will all be off an hour and it won't record my shows. I temporarily set my time zone to central until I can spend some time trying to fix the problem.

I wouldn't really recommend the tv2000xp deluxe first because the additional setup headaches. Second, the quality seems not the greatest. The quality is noticably worse than watching shows tuned through my vcr. I'm probably just spoiled by HD. Any SD feed isn't going to look terribly great when blown up on a projector.

The HD-3000 on the other hand is fantastic.

I looked everywher, but I couldn't find the IR plug for my tv2000xp. To get lirc working, I used a serial port IR receiver and a different remote instead. I was going to make the IR receiver, but I found one on ebay for about the same price the parts would have cost. I followed the KnoppMythWiki LircHOWTO instructions.

http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/index.php?page=LIRCHowTo

I used irrecord to create lircd.conf and I made the lircrc after that. The remote I am using is the Philips PM-DVR8.

Still need to do:
-Use LVM to add the second 160gb hard drive to the master backend
-Try to get HD-3000 and QAM working