View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:36 pm 
dkw99 wrote:
I tried the command with out any success, it comes up with failed at Hunk 1, Hunk 2 Hunk 3, when it is applied.
Which command?
dkw99 wrote:
I finally got the kernel compiled and it detects the card fine. The problem I have now is i can watch live tv.
I presume you meant to say "Can't watch live tv". Make sure that you have a valid starting channel specified in the mythtv-setup Input Connections.
dkw99 wrote:
I tried reverse engineering your script that adds channels to the database but couldn't quite figure it out for my region (newcastle). it also happens that d1.com.au does not support freesd for NSW Regional either.
My box is not networked, so I don't know about tv_grab_au. I just use manual recordings. The info in my script was extracted from the database after I used the mythtv scan function.
dkw99 wrote:
I eventually figured out how to scan for channels, and the backed setup detected all the loacl channels in my area. I am not sure if I have them configured properly, or if they have enterd in to the database correctly.
The scan enters the channels in the database automatically. I only put it in my script so that I didn't have to go through the scanning process when I re-install (since it is time consuming).
dkw99 wrote:
Does the backend setup automatically add the channel information from a scan in the database?
Yes. As I said above.
dkw99 wrote:
The other problem I had was i kept getting errors when running dvbscan.

What errors?
dkw99 wrote:
Can you please give me any help on how to create a channels.conf for my area.
I could, but it is not needed for mythtv. If you really want help, let me post what you have as a channels.conf and I'll see if I can seen any problems with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:52 am 
I eventually got it all to work. After I had a good think and another read of a few posts it all started to work. The problem I had was I was not using dvbscan properly. I had to create a frequency file for newcastle.

thanks for your help it was very handy.

The HD seems to work OK at this stage. I have to trial it a bit more to my fronten PC across the newtork. it is a P3 1GHZ 512MB ram. I think it will be a bit dodgy.

The for some reason lircrc throws errors when it compiles. Still working them out. The Patch u posted runs errors when i apply it to. I must be doing something wrong.

cheers

Post subject: lircrc problem
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:03 am 
Sorry i forgot to answer which command.

This is the output I get when I run the patch for the lircrc that u posted earlier. I run this after your script. then attempted to recompile.

root@mythtv:~# cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.11.7/
root@mythtv:/usr/src/linux-2.6.11.7# patch -p1 < home/mythtv/enable-dvico-rmt-2.6.11-rc4.diff
patching file drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 829.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1444.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1528.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c.rej
patching file drivers/usb/input/hid.h
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
patch: **** unexpected end of file in patch
root@mythtv:/usr/src/linux-2.6.11.7#

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:19 pm 
I just tried the patch again myself and it worked fine. I can only assume that the process of taking the patch from the post must have munged it somehow. I have posted the patch as an attachment to this page on the wiki so you should be able to save it without any white space corruption.

Post subject: Lircrc Patch
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:10 pm 
Greg,
Thanks for that, it works like a treat. The file must have been corrupt when I copied it from the forum.

I even managed to work out the information required for the cahnnel.conf and mysql. All I need to do now is modify the script with correct values.

Your help has been greatly appreciated. thanks

Post subject: lirc compile problems
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:06 am 
Greg,

I finally found lirc-0.7.0pre4 and applied the patch from chris pascoes web site. When i used your commands to configure and make the LIRC i received the following error

Your hardware does not require a kernel module.

Now enter 'make' and 'make install' to compile and install the package ireceive errors with libtool. Did you have any issues when compiling lirc? Do you know what casues this?

Making all in drivers
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/drivers'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/drivers'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/drivers'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/drivers'
Making all in daemons
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/daemons'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/daemons'
Making all in tools
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/tools'
if /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -g -Wall -MT lirc_client.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/lirc_client.Tpo" -c -o lirc_client.lo lirc_client.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/lirc_client.Tpo" ".deps/lirc_client.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/lirc_client.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CC'
Try `libtool --help' for more information.
make[2]: *** [lirc_client.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4'
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@mythtv:/usr/src/lirc-0.7.0pre4#

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:01 am 
I get that error too. If you type "make install" it will install the bits that it successfully made, and that seemed to be enough.

Post subject: All is working
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:18 am 
Greg,

Thanks for all your help. I have managed to get everything working. Just working on getting the commercial skip happenning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:05 pm 
Pleasure to have been of assistance. You should also check out my commercial cutter on the Wiki. Great for lossless removal of commercials whilst leaving in mpeg2 format in case you want to burn to dvd later.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:04 am 
Greg,
I borrowed a friends Tiny USB DVB which was purchased from www.digitalnow.com.au and to get it to work I needed the dvb-kernel. I had to use Kernel 2.6.12 and with dvb-kernel to compile it, when I rebooted and loaded the USB modules, Linux detected both tuners. I configured MYTH and managed to successfully get Picture in Picture working SD, the HD was a bit jumpy.

The USB tuner so far operates really well and for $169 seems good value for money.

It appears that Kernel 2.6.12 supports the DVICO plus card without patching.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:25 am 
That is excellent news. Thanks for sharing. I wasnt aware that it was that easy to get USB tuners going! I hope the T1 card works the same as the Plus card with 2.6.12.

Post subject: Kernel 2.6.12
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:36 am 
When i work out some of the quirks, like how to get the DVB-Kernel modules to install at start up and a couple of other things i will post a script to automate the kernel install like you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:19 am 
dkw99: I just tried 2.6.12, and my DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T1 still wouldn't tune (when I try to use dvbscan). Do you need to pass any module parameters or something to get the Plus card to work? A tuner parameter? Was it the vanilla 2.6.12 kernel that worked for you? I notice that the latest kernel snapshot (2.6.12-git7) has mention of cx22702 (a module used by the card). Were you using the snapshot perhaps?

dkw99 wrote:
It appears that Kernel 2.6.12 supports the DVICO plus card without patching.

Do you mean that the vanilla 2.6.12 worked, or that the 2.6.12 kernel *with* dvb-kernel works?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:46 am 
Greg,

The DVICO Fusion plus card worked with the vanilla 2.6.12 kernel. I used the DVB Kernel to get the TWINHAN tiny USB DVB to work.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:39 am 
Doh!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next