All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:44 pm 
riddlebox1980 wrote:
I have used your guide, and found that only one of my tuners has sound
if I do cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg I get sound, but cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg does not have sound I am using the newest ivtv-0.3.7a driver, do you have any suggestions thanks

What is is your config? how many tuners and their model?
Also, did you make sure to copy the HcwMakoA.ROM to /lib/modules/ ?

Sound is in the Tuner stream... if you get video you should also get sound.
Hmm.. you get sound on one tuner but not the other.. Can you use this in Mythtv.. 'Watch TV'?

I hate to mention this, however, I had a PVR-500 that was bad - the second
tuner would never display properly, had to send it back for a replacement.

Post subject: unable to run make
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:02 am 
Hi,

I am able to do use your guide and complete the first 6 steps. However when i type in the 7th instruction make, i get the following error.

root@mythtv:~# cd /usr/src
root@mythtv:/usr/src# wget http://www.ivtv.tv/releases/ivtv-0.3/ivtv-0.3.6o.tgz
--13:51:04-- http://www.ivtv.tv/releases/ivtv-0.3/ivtv-0.3.6o.tgz
=> `ivtv-0.3.6o.tgz'
Resolving www.ivtv.tv... 80.232.17.182
Connecting to www.ivtv.tv[80.232.17.182]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 661,875 [application/x-tar]

100%[====================================>] 661,875 80.63K/s ETA 00:00

13:51:18 (71.91 KB/s) - `ivtv-0.3.6o.tgz' saved [661875/661875]

root@mythtv:/usr/src# tar -xvzf ivtv-0.3.6o.tgz
root@mythtv:/usr/src# cd ivtv-0.3.6o
root@mythtv:/usr/src/ivtv-0.3.6o# cd driver
[b]root@mythtv:/usr/src/ivtv-0.3.6o/driver# make
make CONFIG_VIDEO_IVTV=m -C /lib/modules/2.6.11.9-chw-2/build M=/usr/src/ivtv-0.3.6o/driver modules
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.11.9-chw-2/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2
[/b]
root@mythtv:/usr/src/ivtv-0.3.6o/driver#

Please help!!!!!!! :D :?: By the way I am running R5A16

Last edited by jwzhao on Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:23 am 
Why post the entire output of tar? You need to untar the kernel.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:15 am 
I am a complete newbie to linux, could someone please post some instructions?

Many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:02 am 
You need to search the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:06 pm 
When support is so difficult to get, how do you expect users to convert and accept something new?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:26 pm 
Sorry, I'm not spoonfeeding anyone on this forum. I spend a great deal of my time making KnoppMyth. If asking you to search forum for questions that have already been answered makes me unfriendly then so be it. No one is holding a gun to your head asking you to use KnoppMyth. I'll be the first to tell you if you don't like it, use something else.

Post subject: A few misc. thoughts....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:29 am 
Cesman, let me say that I, for one, am really happy that you've put all the time and effort into the KnoppMyth ISO. This is exactly what I needed to motivate me to even attempt a MythTV setup in the first place.

(I've been a computer/I.T. person for nearly 15 years now - and worked quite a bit with Linux, as well as practically every other OS out there. But nonetheless, it was hard to justify the time and effort to "roll my own" Myth box when ready-to-go Tivos are avaialble so inexpensively....)

That being said though, I have found it a little frustrating that so many little "tweaks" and "gotchas" I've dealt with had to be individually searched for in the forums - often requiring reading entire message threads to come to a single conclusion about what might be only a 1 or 2 line edit to a file.

This is my second round of setting up a Myth box (because I quit for a while after I had random freezes watching live TV that I couldn't find resolution to). This time, I think I'm in a much better situation hardware-wise and due to much newer versions of KnoppMyth to work with.

I think, for my own future reference if nothing else, I'm going to try to gather up all the useful tidbits I had to hunt around for, and write all of them up in a single document. If this is something you'd like to post to your site for people to view/download, I'd be happy to contribute it when I'm done?

I know we have the wikki, but this might be more like an "addenum" to the original documentation page you've got telling people how to get it installed or upgraded?

cesman wrote:
Sorry, I'm not spoonfeeding anyone on this forum. I spend a great deal of my time making KnoppMyth. If asking you to search forum for questions that have already been answered makes me unfriendly then so be it. No one is holding a gun to your head asking you to use KnoppMyth. I'll be the first to tell you if you don't like it, use something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:27 pm 
jwzhao wrote:
When support is so difficult to get, how do you expect users to convert and accept something new?

I don't know when the last time you got a good answer from a commercial support organization was, but I've got to tell you from personal experience that you're about 10 times as lilkely to get a good answer from community based support.

Most of the corporate stuff is scripted and the people followng the scripts often have little or no understanding of them. If you're too (pick an adjective) to read a troublshooting guide of FAQ for yourself then it might be helpful. The rest of the time if you're very, very lucky and your question gets passed along to someone with two clues to rub together you may get a useful answer, but don't bet on it. (The big exception here is operation center help desks where, partly because they have access that you don't, the odds are better than 50-50 that they can actually do something for you, but since we don't have or want access to your hardware or network that doesn't apply here.)

If you want to pay someone to read FAQs to you, there are lots of bright students out there who could use some $... As for myself (and I suspect many of the senior members here), after I've solved the problem a couple times and written up the details for your benefit, I've got better things to do with my time, like helping someone who has already done their homework and has managed to come up with a new and different problem, or even a new spin on an old one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:07 pm 
kingtj wrote:
If this is something you'd like to post to your site for people to view/download, I'd be happy to contribute it when I'm done?
You can post it yourself. Since it sounds like not everything works out the box for you, tier 2 would be the place. I'd unlock problems and solutions but folks just don't seem to get the idea... I love bacon and I love broccoli, but I'm not going to eat bacon wrapped broccoli. Folks simply put, by search the forum you learn. If a solution works for you and you come back and state this worked for me, I learn. Hopfully whatever the problem was, it is fixed in the next release.

Post subject: Linuxgeek
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:48 am 
Hi
Just wanted to say that the guide linuxgeek has in this post WORKS with pvr 150 mce to
so it took my 20 min to have it all up runing GREAT JOB linuxgeek you rock

BUT BUT BUT (always the but)
I have picture and sound but the picture are out of focus hmm well blurish i would say

iam using the exact guide like you wrote

sooo any ideads linuxgeek ?????

config:
Wintv Pvr-150 mce type PAL , LG TAPE chip
nvidia fx 5200
asus p4p800

All things works like it should but just this thing with blurish ( out of focus ) picture

and another thing tho what about the mce 2005 european remote have you got that too work ??

please post back

/daffydk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:19 pm 
Search the forum for information on using the nvidia-settings program. I know I've posted some of the details and links to the rest within the last couple weeks... The most recent one will be in response to setting overscan but the utility will let you tune far more than that.

Presumably you've already installed the nvidia display drivers...

If you're only seeing this while watching TV (live/reccrded) and menus or playback of other video like DVDs is good, then another thing to check into is different versions of the ivtv drivers, as some of the 3.x line have quality issues with certain tuner chips. However this is far less likely to be your issue.

Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:01 pm 
Well i just solved the problem right now as i type in here

It seems that With the blurish out of focus picture was duo to to many tv's and i had to Amplifie the signal coming in to the house and it all works now

but the funny thing is that i didnt have that problem when runing Media Portal on windows but hey who wants to run windows anyway *lol* i sure dont any more ,

This Mythtv realy ROCKS

But still having the Trouple with mce 2005 remote European model

but thats the last thing i will look at right now

Thanx anyway for posting a reply
/Daffydk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:27 pm 
jwzhao,
I had the same problem:

with both 3.6o and 3.7d I get an error like:
Code:
root@mythtv:/usr/src/ivtv-0.3.6o/driver# make
make CONFIG_VIDEO_IVTV=m -C /lib/modules/2.6.11.9-chw-2/build M=/usr/src/ivtv-0.3.6o/driver modules
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.11.9-chw-2/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2

On my system /lib/modules/2.6.11.9-chw-2/build is symlink to /usr/src/linux. /usr/src/linux is a symlink to kernel-source-2.6.11.9-chw-2. (no path, so /usr/src/ is inherited) The file/directory /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11.9-chw-2 indeed does not exist, but I did some deductive reasoning. The folder /usr/src is for holding source code for compiling. In this folder there was a kernel-source-2.6.11.9-chw-2.tar.bz2 file. So I called
Code:
cd /usr/src/
tar -jvxf kernel-source-2.6.11.9-chw-2.tar.bz2

and then tried the instructions, and they worked perfectly. This step is probably obvious to regular Linux Hacks, but for us newbies, we need to know these things.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:47 pm 
I agree. That step right there took me a good 5 or 6 hours of searching to figure out last night =P Once I untarred the kernel though it all pretty much fell into place.... well, I sitll don't have my pvr-500 working yet but Im getting there ^__^
I read in another section on the forum to download the firmware from some site and use "ivtfwextract.pl" in the /utils directory of ivtv on the firmware .exe but I could never get it to work right. Is copying the .ROM file over from the cd pretty much accomplishing the same thing?

Capndan

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next