View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:53 am 
Hi,

thnak you for the answer, I have been searching a long time now, till I found somebody who does know something about the analog outputs ;)

I will try the routing right after work... 6.5 hours left... ;) I'll report later than ;)

-Jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:17 am 
Allright, I didn't get it... I inserted this into my .asoundrc:

Code:
pcm.ch51dup {
    type route
    slave.pcm surround51
    slave.channels 6
    ttable.0.0 1
    ttable.1.1 1
    ttable.0.2 1
    ttable.1.3 1
    ttable.0.4 0.5
    ttable.1.4 0.5
    ttable.0.5 0.5
    ttable.1.5 0.5
}

Now I have sound on every speaker, but I still have some probs: When I mute "Master Surround" in alsamixer, my front AND rear speakers are muted. Muting "PCM" kills my Center and LFE, muting "Surround" mutes the surround speakers only. Muting "Center" mutes my right front speaker, "LFE" mutes the left one...

And in Xine, the channels change every time I press PAUSE, FF or FRW... Could you post your .asoundrc and your settings in XINE and mythtv depending sound?

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:03 am 
And what is your intent with that routing?

The one I use is used to swap channels around, you seem to use it to split the sound out to all outputs?

My MythBox isn't networked so I need to get to it with a pen and paper to write down how my mapping looks (and I'm at work now) but something like:

pcm.remap {
type route
slave.pcm surround51
slave.channels 6
ttable.0.1 1
ttable.1.0 1
ttable.2.4 1
ttable.3.5 1
ttable.4.3 1
ttable.5.2 1
}

so the mixer controls work right and then I tried some 5.1 audio test file (a female voice speaking in each channel, "Front left", "Center" etc) to see which output is which channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:27 am 
Allright, I have to kick my head out of the window... I connected the sub/center of the sound system to the output for front left/right on my pundit and the front left/right to the sub/center... So, the muting of the channels does work again...

But I#M interested in this 5.1 test file. Where did you get it? Could you send it as an email? And: How exactly did you do the testing? And what about playing DVDs with Xine including 5.1 output? Do you know the "swapping channels" problem (=> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109655&aid=1469480&group_id=9655)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:53 am 
I don't remember where I found that file. While looking for something like it I found dozens of CDs you can buy with test files, but very few free. I downloaded a whole bunch of different files but only found one that worked.

I tested using mplayer, I don't recall the complete command line but at least there was some --channels=6 and I had to chose alsa:remap as sound device. Then I just played the file, listened to the sound, muted one channel in the mixer and played the file again to see if the right channel was muted. Repeat until mixer controls seem to be right.

And when the mixer was right I just reconnected the speakers so the sounds came from the right speakers. (I did not care about the labelling of the outputs.)

As for the channel jumping, I experience similar problems (I don't play DVDs, I only use it for TV, so the 5.1 setup was mostly for fun). When commercial skipping or skipping within a show sometimes the channels get swapped. Exiting the recording and restarting it help.

Go to page Previous  1, 2