View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:49 pm 
After struggling to install R5A16 and a PVR150 nonMCE on a Compaq Deskpro EN SFF with P2-450, I was able to relatively easily install R5A22. It installs the PVR150 no problems whatsoever. One minor problem is I had to add a modprobe of the sound parameters (es18xx) to run automatically on boot to have any sound output. Also I had to edit the mythlink.sh file to get the pretty folder to output correctly. I also was finally able to get the remote working. Had to copy the files over properly. Didn't work during the configuration for some reason.

This system is a little underpowered for LiveTV at 480x480 but works good for viewing recordings. Plus it's only like 12x14 or so. It's tiny. Really just a vcr replacement. Also works great with SAMBA to stream to my 2GHz computers over a wired network. I upgraded to a P3-550 I had laying around but didn't reinstall for i686 compile (Would this make any difference performance wise?)

SPECS: Compaq Deskpro EN SFF (440BX), P3-550, 192 mb, 30 gb (to be replaced), PVR150 nonMCE. This system goes up to 850mhz but it's kind of steep, may get 700mhz upgrade. Seriously thinking about just putting the money into a brand new system instead. I'm a newbie and wanted to make sure I could actually get one working before I actually spent extra money. Hope this helps someone with spare parts laying around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:35 am 
How did you get your remote to work ?

I'm running R5A26 with the same card as yours and I can't get the remote to work. modprobe shows that lirc_i2c is running, but when I test my remote with irw nothing is received :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:13 pm 
Sorry for the long delay but I didn't realize anyone posted here. I'm currently in the process of upgrading to a more expandible system so I was able to install an MX4000 card to output to TV. I thought I posted how, but I guess I didn't cause I forgot myself. Here's the process in case anyone still cares. Plus it'll let me look it up online for future reference. Copy two files, lircrc-150 and lircd.conf to two different locations and overwrite the existing file. Here's the code(two commands, type each all on one line, from root - for the newbies, p.s. type su and enter your password to get to root.):

#cp /usr/local/share/knoppmyth/remotes/hauppauge/etc/lircrc-150 /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc

#cp /usr/local/share/knoppmyth/remotes/hauppauge/etc/lircd-150.conf /etc/lircd.conf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:26 pm 
Since these topics are related I'm going to do a little cross-posting:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9060

I have a very similar config here, only I'm using a Compaq Evo, 1.7Ghz. I can't get video input on any of the Composite ins that are listed. I too am using a PVR-150 non-MCE. :(

I've posted syslog messages from ivtv in the other thread, but for the life of me I can't figure this out, it's very odd. Nothing but black and white static. I had it working with the software-only Hauppage card just fine, but very framy. I went back to get the PVR-150, found that it needed a newer ivtv and just sat on it. With the release of R5B7 it seemed that support was added, but I'm getting nothing. :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:58 pm 
Nevermind, I got it resolved myself:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9068