View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:24 am 
AMD Athlon 3000+
512 mb RAM (going to be 768 when I turn it off again)
ATI TV Wonder Pro with remote
Nvidia Ti4600
Soundblaster Live!
80 gig maxter hdd
Shuttle AN35N Ultra

Uses 30-33% cpu decoding livetv.

I had to manually configure LIRC to work with the ATI remote. Config was very very easy, all I had to do was copy a config from this forum and restart. Almost not enough warrant Tier 2 rating.

For the maintainers of this excellent distro, I suggest a few enhancements. If there is a central repository for these things I'll repost them there.

* Quick change from a monitor X config to a TV config
* Easy ability to incorporate multiple hdds. I am planning on purchasing a big hdd and based on my reading it sounds like a huge undertaking with lots of manual config to get working. If KnoppMyth did that for me I'd love it :)
* Document somewhere if you make changes in the mythtv-setup after you do the inital config, RESTART THE BACKEND!!!! I spent a good 30 minutes trying to reselect the signal formatting over and over because the backend wasn't being restarted and the frontend wasn't aware of the change. Probably in the docs somewhere, but I can almost gauruntee that every new person with myth will have this issue.
* Setup flux to launch an xterm based on a key command for those debug sessions when you kill the frontend and don't have a mouse hooked up.

I am extremely satisfied at how easy it was to install. My beginner mistakes such as wrong signal formatting and forgetting the lineout to linein on the soundcard (:oops:) were no big deal. If I was to do this on gentoo, which was my first inclination (my server is gentoo so I am familiar enough) I'd be way lost.

Fred

Last edited by ba747heavy on Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:28 am 
More hardware details please. For example, what is the motherboard make, model & chipset? Remember these are supposed to be hardware recommendations without the details they're not very helpful.

ba747heavy wrote:
* Setup flux to launch an xterm based on a key command for those debug sessions when you kill the frontend and don't have a mouse hooked up.

Already in there, try - Alt-X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:26 pm 
tjc wrote:
More hardware details please. For example, what is the motherboard make, model & chipset? Remember these are supposed to be hardware recommendations without the details they're not very helpful.

Sure, I have a Shuttle AN35N Ultra, with an NForce 2 chipset.

Quote:
Already in there, try - Alt-X

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:16 pm 
You used a ATI TV Wonder Pro Tuner card? How did you get it to work? Could you please link to any information you used? I can not find anything usefull.
Installing mine has been a headach... and currently doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!