View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: VIA EPIA-V
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:38 pm 
Started to experiment with KnoppMyth and used some hardware I had lying around.
Hardware : VIA EPIA-V 800MHz, 256MB internal memory, 40GB harddisk ATA133, NEC DVD writer/reader.

I only use it to view DVD's or movies, I don't have a TV card. After booting the 5A26 iso I used the automatic install and everthing installed correctly the first time around. I only had to configure MythTV to use OpenGL when doing a image gallery slideshow. (without it MythTV crashed and I had to restart it within the windowmanager)

So far so good. (Some things don't work correctly like importing images but I am working on it)

(moved this post from Tier1 to Tier2)

The Videomanager does not work on a EPIA-V, it crashes with an 'Ilegal instruction' error. This happens when you install with the default i586 option. Viewing DVD's, other videos and images works fine. (this is all with R5A26)

To make it work I had to recompile the libmythvideo.so library with the "-march=c3" or "-march=pentium-mmx" option. I used the source from MythTV and changed the 'march options in 'settings.pro' and after that entered the commands:
Code:
./configure --enable-all
qmake mythtvplugins.pro
make
make install

After this copy the libmythvideo.so to /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins

You need to do the same thing if you want to import DVDs The mtd won't start, it also generate an 'Ilegal instruction'. I used the same source as mentioned above and used the following commands.
Code:
./configure --enable-dvd --enable-transcode --enable-vcd
qmake mythtvplugins.pro
make
make install

Afer this copy the libmythdvd.so to /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins

In my case I needed to do a 'make install' because a mtd already exists. This way it will be placed in /usr/local/bin which is the first path within $PATH This way I can start mtd as the user mythtv and I am able to import something from a DVD. At the moment it is busy importing so I'll have to wait and see if everything works.

Yep it works. Although the progress bar started to work after it finished the first task.

Regards
Moob