View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:30 pm 
I live in PAL-Country (Germany) and KnoppMyth works now stable for me.
I have the set_ivtv_params, fb and ivtv modules scripts edited, like discribed in the forum
( http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=804 and http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=697). The TV-Out from the PVR-350 works stable for me, using the X Driver instead the fb driver from ivtv. Sometimes the OSD crashes, but never lock the machine. I have only to press "exit" and then "menu" again on my remote and OSD is back (TV is not interrupted). TV-Out quality is great vs. my old nvidia mx440 tv-out. No more ghosting and blurry if the scene changes horizontally. Playback of recorded shows works good.
PiP is working to. The only problem are the 0 byte recordings and crackles in sound of the second PVR Card (PVR250). But that happend only sometimes and is ivtv related. DVD Playback is quite good, because i can´t enable dma with this kernel. If i enable dma for the dvd, mplayer or xine can´t find the drive. Manually mounting it, is ok. Seems to be the kernel, with gentoo on this machine, dma is no problem for mplayer or xine.
Now im testing nvram-wakeup, but seems the box go never idle to allow shutdown. The box running now for 3 weeks without any crash.

Thanks for your great work and help in the forum. Can´t wait for the next release :)

my specs:
MSI 5670 Nforce2 board
AMD 1700+
512MB Ram
Nvidia MX440 (not needed anymore)
1x pvr-350 w tv-out
1x pvr-250
1x 80GB HD
1x SBLive!
KnoppMyth R4V2