View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:35 pm 
Thanks tjc, edited post above yours to reflect the full command and as well the thread I referenced.

Post subject: Re: R5.5 Hints
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:38 am 
tjc wrote:
3.2) MythWeather setup has changed radically. The new stuff requires that you search for appropriate locations near you and what works for one thing (current conditions) often doesn't work for another (radar maps). Zipcodes/postal codes generally don't work. It's painful but in the US at least, a bit of simple research will provide the information needed:

- For current condtions, 18 hour, 3 day and 6 day forecasts, look up your local airport code(s) here - http://www.airnav.com/airports/. (This is a good piece of general knowledge to have for any number of reasons.) For example in the Boston area KBOS (Logan Airport) and KBED (Hanscom Field) are obvious choices. Once you know that, you can use it to search.

- For severe weather alerts the NWS generally does them by county. (Another piece of good general knowledge to have.) Here in the Boston west 'burbs it's "Middlesex" with "Essex", "Suffolk", and "Norfolk" adjacent. Look up your county along with the nearest adjacent counties and use those to search.

- For the radar maps what's available is by major region. Northeast, North Central, Northwest, Southeast, South, Southwest, South Central, East Central, Central, West Central, so use one of these to search.

I went to the url you listed (http://YOUR-HOST-OR-IP/mythweb/settings/weather) and MythWeather's web interface did not initialize/show up (I restarted the backend just in case it needed it which didn't help). Is there a manual way to get MythWeather to initialize? Thanks a lot on your work tjc - as always VERY informative!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:58 am 
whoa wrote:
I went to the url you listed (http://YOUR-HOST-OR-IP/mythweb/settings/weather) and MythWeather's web interface did not initialize/show up (I restarted the backend just in case it needed it which didn't help). Is there a manual way to get MythWeather to initialize? Thanks a lot on your work tjc - as always VERY informative!

What happens if you just browse to the IP of the mythbox in your browser?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:20 pm 
graysky wrote:
whoa wrote:

What happens if you just browse to the IP of the mythbox in your browser?

Hmmm...I should be more clear:

My Backend server's IP is 10.10.1.50. I go to http://10.10.1.50/mythweb/settings/weather using a web browser and nothing for MythWeather shows up or initializes. I have even restarted the backend process just to make sure that doesn't need to happen in order to get MythWeather to show up in MythWeb. So my question is: What do I hafata do to get it to initialize/run/show up in MythWeb? Is there a manual way to get things movin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:33 pm 
Can you even ping that address from your browser box?
Code:
ping 10.10.1.50
(same command from Windows command prompt or Linux console)

If not then you should check:
- your cabling / hub
- ip address and netmask of mythbox and the box you ping / browse from

Cliff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:47 pm 
cliffsjunk wrote:
Can you even ping that address from your browser box?
Code:
ping 10.10.1.50
(same command from Windows command prompt or Linux console)

If not then you should check:
- your cabling / hub
- ip address and netmask of mythbox and the box you ping / browse from

Cliff

Cliff...I'm confused by your question...tho I didn't mention browsing anywhere else regarding difficulty/success why would you inquire about connectivity...? I'm pretty sure I didn't mention anywhere that I'm having issues with connecting to my backend. I can browse to my backend server to MythWeb (as well as SSH and SCP)...which works...but what tjc listed in his write up does not appear to be working because I don't see MythWeather anywhere in MythWeb after using his instructions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:13 pm 
whoa, cliffsjunk, graysky - this really doesn't belong here.

whoa - if you'd like to post a follow up in your original thread I'll be happy to help troubleshoot what you're doing wrong, but as covered under "Final Thoughts" I simply don't answer this kind of question here to keep the signal to noise ratio high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm 
tjc,
Should there be a note for Australian users to install with the country=au option as mentioned by manicmike here?
Or is that in a different set of instructions?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:51 pm 
Probably. Let's get a set of international tweaks going. Maybe you or manicmike can write up any special notes for AUS, some of the folks from the UK anything for there, ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:03 pm 
Here is a good tip on resolving Mythweb Memory Errors.

I've never seen this, and it didn't come up in testing, so it may only happen if your program guide has a very large number of channels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:28 am 
Quote:
3) MythTV issues:

There are a number of upstream bugs with the MythTV application which are beyond our control.

3.1) On rare occasions doing a channel scan with certain HDTV capture devices (HDHomeRun, pcHD-2000 and pcHD-3000, ...) can cause mythtv-setup to lockup or crash.

This caused me two days searching everywhere.
I have two Hauppauge PVR 150 and never got the channel scan to work. Everytime the mythtv-setup crashed.

Than another User mentioned that on his MAC this worked so i gave it a try today. [1]

After starting mythtv-setup with only one core the channel scan worked like a charm and i can finish my knoppmyth setup finally after two days of search and headbanging against my walls ;)

Code:
taskset -c 0 mythtv-setup

Just a info for other people who might run into the same problem with a Hauppauge PVR 150 and channel scanning.

[1] http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2006-September/050517.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:55 pm 
In the spirit of one stop shopping see these threads for info on setting up HD displays, using the X acceleration, and configuring X auto mode selection.

Setting up a Samsung LN46A650 HDTV with R5.5
Automatically switching video modes to match recordings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:35 am 
Quote:
1.3) If your motherboard has the Intel ICH8 chipset, add the "intelfix" option to enable support for this new chipset. The installer takes care of the rest. (??? Is this still true?)

tjc, I have a Asus P5B motherboard with this chipset and did a fresh install.
Apart from a hanging system due to a udev problem (see http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13533&highlight=waiting+dev+fully+populated) I had no problems (yet :wink:).

So I assume the ICH8 problem is no longer current.

Writing this I wonder if the ''Waiting for /dev to be fully populated..." issue shouldn't be mentioned in the guide.
My solution was to have an internet connection during installation (as l_bonney mentioned in the thread)

Go to page Previous  1, 2