View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 pm 
Thanks for the XvMC info tjc. After making those changes and setting up my own playback profile I am playing back the 1080p video smoothly with the CPU peaking at ~70%. My profile for greater then 720 res is set to:
Decoder: Standard XvMC
Video Renderer:xvmn-blit
OSD Renderer:chroma
Primary Deinterlacer: None
Fallback deinterlacer: None

The test file I am using is a 3 minute video from NASA of a shuttle launch. I think it is a 1080p (thus no deinterlacer) and a bitrate of 20Mbps. The video is 3minutes and 13 seconds and file size is 396Mb.

So with this success, I would love to try a file from a real myth recording. Anyone interested in sending me a 3 or 4 minute high action video clip recorded from a HD Homerun?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:37 am 
That NASA one of the shuttle take-off is a pretty good test.

OBTW - With XvMC beware of the "CBS problem", apparently they're using some funky options in their MPEG-2 streams that can send XvMC into orbit. So far that's the only source that has given me trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:51 am 
I thought the shuttle video would be a good test also but since it didnt require deinterlacing, I thought that maybe a 1080i file might present some different issues. Still would like to try one if someone could email me a file.

tjc, I saw your post on the CBS problem. Does this happen all the time when recording from CBS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 am 
Pretty much. In at least a couple cases people with integrated nvidia chipsets have dodged or reduced the problem by increasing the memory allocated it in the BIOS, but I'm using an AGP card that already has 256Mb on board and the memory window for the card in BIOS is maxed out.

Fortunately, the machine generally has enough CPU bandwidth to playback most stuff without it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 am 
I have an ACER Revo R1600 (Single core ATOM, ION LE chipset) and I am having trouble getting XVMC to work on R6. I get playback but I do not see any reduction in CPU utilization. I've added the following to my xorg.conf file
Code:
>     Option "RenderAccel" "true"
     Option "NvAGP" "1"
     Option     "XvmcUsesTextures"   "false"
     Option     "UseEvents"          "true"

Section "Extensions"
         Option "Composite" "Disabled"
 EndSection

I've also added the folllowing ot .nvidia-settings-rc
Code:
 0/XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank=0
 0/XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank=0

Any suggestions on how to resolve wold be greatly appreciated!

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 am 
I did get my HDPVR working and now have 720P recordings on my TV. They show well on the BE/FE but despite my earlier testing, the Dell notebook struggles. CPU spikes and the video has a studder every 1 to 2 seconds.

Any suggestions would be apprecitated but I am really interested in why the FE handles the other test videos with no problem but cant play back the HDPVR files. The files are 720P and I have tried playing with the bit rates but they seems to make no difference.

According to mediainfo, the shuttle test file is MPEG-4, 1080P, 29.97 frames per sec and 20 Mbit while the HDPVR files are Mpeg-ts, 720P, 59fps, and 13Mbit.

What makes the HDPVR so difficult to decode and is there anything I can do about it (other then buy a new FE).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 am 
I had to kill background Transcoding and I try not to watch anything HD while the System is recording. That said Fox gives me a hard time with it's 720 shows and the 1080 stuff is OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am 
Big Boy Stan: The h.264 encoded files (inside an mpeg container) that the HD-PVR produces are MUCH more complex, therefore more demanding on resources than OTA MPEG-2. Take a look at the HD-PVR wiki page on mythtv.org. I'm pretty sure that it's covered there.

Go to page Previous  1, 2