View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:50 pm 
Base Specs for Revo 3610 (purchase on the bay)

CPU: Intel Atom330 Dual Core (1.6GHz)

Chipset: Nvidia ION Chipset

Support full HD 1920x1080

DIMM: 2GB DDRII 800

HDD: 320 GB

Video out: HDMI port x1 / D-SUB VGA port x1

Card Reader: SD/SDHC/MS/MS Pro/MMC

WiFi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

SPDIF Port

LAN:110/100/1000 Base-TX Ethernet LAN on Board

With Stream Zap Remote control, using just HDMI to Samsung 42' LCD 1080p

Installed R6 off a usb stick in about 12 minutes, the only edit I had to make to the configuration was to add a custom asound.conf to get sound over HDMI as outlined in this post. But normal sound output over RCA jack worked out of the box.
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20006&highlight=sound+hdmi
VDPAU works all HD content plays with about 5 -10% CPU usage max.
Everything just works. I don't have a tuner hooked up to this box (strictly a front end machine). Easiest install ever! Computer is a silent as my Imac (can't really hear either and I have very sensitive hearing!).

Spectacular job with R6!! very impressed. Everything just works, HDMI, wireless... (haven't tried the card reader but I suspect it works fine too)

Cheers
MG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:02 pm 
I have had one of these boxes working for a while as a diskless frontend, and bought another one to use as a backend. To do that I need to get it installed from USB, but I cant seem to get that to work.
How did you manage? What size USB stick did you use? Im wondering if im having trouble because I am trying with a 16Gig USB stick. How did you format your stick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:04 pm 
I used an older 1 gig usb I had just laying around, if I recall correctly, I had to format it as vfat, so I think a 16gig stick would be problematic. I think I just followed the instruction in the USB-stick download?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:28 pm 
I found out what my problems was, but not before I bought a 4 gig sitck (which is the smallest I could find). It turns out that when the usb sitck is formatted with a partition, it appears in the hard drives menu of the revo's bios, not the removable storage menu. So I could have used my 16 gig stick all along. All I had to do was change the hard drive boot order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:08 am 
I would be very interested in hearing your experiences using the revo 3610 as a backend. Are you planning it as a combines FE/BE device or just BE? I've been thinking about getting either this or a mac mini (assuming they do in fact make one with an HDMI port) as a new HD myth device, but wasn't sure the Revo would cut it as a combined unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:33 pm 
jigawho wrote:
I would be very interested in hearing your experiences using the revo 3610 as a backend.

My experience so far using a revo as a combined FE/BE:

I cut over to the revo as a combined frontend/backend during the week. I have a 46" full HD screen running 1920x1080_50 (for PAL), so things are a bit more noticable on there than my 19" 1440x900 screen I have on my revo FE. I have some issues with tearing. There is a tear usually about 1 cm from the top of the screen. I have had a play with the sync options in nvidia-settings and mythtv playback but have had no luck fixing that yet. [EDIT 21Mar2010: fixed by updating xorg.conf with the command nvidia-xconfig --no-composite ref:http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20932&highlight=tearing]

I use the following tuners:
ARTEC T14BR
Kworld Usb Dual DVB-T 399UR

This is my first experience with usb tuners. I see a few more reception errors using the usb tuners that I saw with the DVICO pci tuners I was using in my old backend. I havent worked out yet whether one of the tuners is worse than the other, but I plan on looking into that. To get the Kworld to work I had to pacman -S v4l-dvb and reboot. I only use one of the ataptors on the dual kworld, because the stream on the first adapter gets corrupted when both channels are running. I suspect this is a driver problem.

I have a welland nas with a 1TB drive installed and mounted on /myth2 using cifs. This connects to my 100 baseT network. There doesnt seem to be any throughput issues with recording a couple of HD streams and playing one back at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:21 pm 
mount'n_goat wrote:
...the only edit I had to make to the configuration was to add a custom asound.conf to get sound over HDMI as outlined in this post. But normal sound output over RCA jack worked out of the box.
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20006&highlight=sound+hdmi

I was just wondering if you verified that videos in MythVideo played with sound. I setup my Revo r1600 (FE) over the last week or so and the only kicker right now is that my mounted network drive videos do not play with sound through MythVideo (Internal Player). Regular recording work like a champ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 am 
I have no issued with sound using the SPDIF port for videos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:48 am 
I am trying to pass audio through the hdmi cable. It works for recording, but for some reason not for vidoes when using the MythVideo Internal player. I will have to dig through the audio settings some more.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:43 pm 
Hey, sorry for the delay I have been away. I haven't had any problems with myth-video but I am using mplayer as my default player (mostly for vdpau). I have noticed though that myth-audio doesn't work using this set up. I think it is because I created a custom alsa file and use that with mplayer.