View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 pm 
I am having trouble getting my remote to work with Hulu Desktop.

I have a Hauppauge PVR-350 with the hauppauge-silver remote. I get the OK button to work, but none of there others.

In the .huludesktop file I did put in the Hauppauge 350 and with a remote terminal running irw, I could see the codes being received. In MythTV the remote works fine.

Is there something I need to do that may not be in the configuration info I find on the net.

The fact a single key works has me confused. Maybe it is some button mapping issue. However, the irw output matches the hauppauge-silver codes found in the lircd.conf file in MythVantage. Hopefully somebody here has seen this behavior and has a fix.

Still getting use LinHES, but it is very stable and once Hulu is working I will be very happy. It has been worth that pain to move from Tivo. Even, the hell with the IR blaster is acceptable, once everything is pretty much working. I love it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:23 am 
I figured it out. It was the .huludesktop settings.

I found these settings work for me with a Hauppauge 350 and a Silver remote.

Code:
[remote]
lirc_device = /dev/lircd
lirc_remote_identifier = Hauppauge_350
lirc_release_suffix = _UP
lirc_repeat_threshold = 10
button_name_up = UP
button_name_down = DOWN
button_name_left = LEFT
button_name_right = RIGHT
button_name_select = OK
button_name_menu = MENU

The big problem was that the original buttons were Left, Right, Up, Down and Home, instead of LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN and MENU.

OK was the correct setting for my remote, so that was working. I didn't catch it right away for I was not really checking capitalizaion. It is easy for Up=UP to pass your eyes without much concern.

Whatever your button says on the irw output must be what you have in the .huludesktop file. Case sensitiviy is important.

MythTV is working out pretty good. LinHES has been great. I still wish to know why rc.local doesn't run, but the stability is very welcome.