View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 pm 
The idea of using MythWelcome + ACPI to manage Linhes via the recording schedule has great appeal. Ages ago Knopmyth wiki guided a test but I decided not to use it because of bios compatibility issues. Recently, had a chance to test with Linhes R8.02 with better results.

Hardware
Zotac ion
HP Wireless USB keyboard
Iogear Wired USB Mouse
HDHomeRun Dual

Step 1 – Installation

Service Menu/ Linhes Configuration/System Type
Check the box to install MythWelcome, then select finish

Thoughts – MythWelcome takes quite while to install on Atom

Hint - The Crazy Automatic Frontend
Linhes R8 uses Enlightment V16 and when the system starts up the Mythwelcome screen is blue and completely blank in the back round. Many times when you exit the Frontend the Mythwelcome screen is blank. This can be crazy and make the user think something is broken. So here is a workaround.

Code:
pkill mythfrontend

You might need to pkill a couple times to get the mythwelcome screen to come up with the info. Is there is a difference between the Frontend when it starts automatically and when you click on the Start Frontend button in Mythwelcome?

Step 2 – Configuration Script
Run the config script

Code:
/usr/LH/bin/mythwelcome-config.py

Thoughts – ran the script, program is up but the timer is still missing

Hint – M key
Lock the Sytem
Mythfilldatabase
Shutdown now
Exit
Cancel

Hint – I Key
If you are just following the recording schedule you do not have to configure anything on this screen

Step 3 – The Big 5 Minute Wakeup test

Code:
/usr/LH/bin/mythwelcome-test-wakeup.sh

Thoughts – ACPI 5 minute wakeup test works correctly for the first time..... but where is the timer?

Step 4 - The mysql.txt dependency

Code:
find / -name mysql.txt
cp  /usr/MythVantage/templates/mysql.txt  /home/mythtv/.mythtv/

Change ownership of mysql.txt to mythtv
Code:
chown mythtv:mythtv /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt

Hints – Troubleshoot with these commands
Code:
mythwelcome –v

mythbackend –v idle.system

Step 5 – Configure the Shutdown Timer and Server Halt Command

Mythsetup/General/Shutdown/Wakeup Options/
Code:
Idle Shutdown Timer: 15 (seconds)
Server Halt Command: mythwelcome --shutdown

Thoughts - I needed to change the Server Halt Command to get shutdown working properly

Step 6 – Allow user mythtv to run mythshutdown with root commands

As root
Code:
nano /etc/sudoers

add this line to end of the file and save
Code:
%mythtv localhost = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mythshutdown

Step – 7 Test Mythwelcome
Use Mythweb to set two recordings at different times and watch MythWelcome work it’s magic :D

Last edited by RacerX on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:20 am 
Hi Racer X,

I've just seen this and I've been having some trouble with mythwelcome myself since the running R8.02 (I think - I'm not in front of my box atm, but when I last ran sudo pacman -Syu all packages were up to date).

Following your guide does the timer count down now and not report 'Idle' the whole time?

If so,I'm going to follow your steps later. Actually I am going to try them asap regardless as currently I am having to exit to mythwelcome and manually shutdown (press m, select shutdown now.)

Regards

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 am 
For example, the messages from a single recording ...

About to Start Recording
Mythtv is Busy Recording
Mythtv has running or pending jobs
Mythtv is busy flagging commercials
Mythtv is idle
Mythtv is idle and will shutdown in 30 seconds
PC shuts down

HINT: On my test box I use MythWelcome idlle to manage the PC via the recording schedule. So far in testing it works best to let idle automatically shut down the PC all the time (never manually shutdown). To manage events not on recording schedule use the M Key to Lock the PC or use the I key and configure some off schedule time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:56 pm 
Oh I agree, if I didn't make it clear, I do exit to mythwelcome then use the menu 'm' and shutdown now as options.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:53 am 
Had a little adventure last night on my test box. Working on another issue so I listened on the radio while it was recording. In the ninth the recording stopped so I went to Mythweb and added the next program (news) and it started recording the end of the game. When it ended I quickly watched all the scoring plays and then just decided to delete both because it takes a long time to commercial flag HDTV. While it was commercial flagging the first program I deleted both programs.

Next, I'm sure that I having to manually run shutdown through Mythwelcome was a sign of upcoming trouble. Curiously when restarted there were still two jobs from the game in que. One of the jobs stated the program was deleted on the tab. So I clicked on the jobs and ran them to in order to get to the next part where they can be removed. When that was completed the job que was empty. At this point I thought the problem was over.

Unfortunately, I underestimated the scope because there was something else lurking ... the conflicted database that breaks part of MythWelcome . :cry: ....

Symptom #1 Automatic Shutdown displays
Quote:
"shutdown in 30 seconds"

Nothing happened because it was affected

Symptom #2 Manual shutdown as mythtv
Code:
MythWelcome --Shutdown

Nothing happened because it was also affected

Something not affected was the MythWelcome Shutdown via the button
Which worked to shutdown the system. and a revealed a clue, the system displayed "can't delete tmp files" during shutdown.

The solution was surprising ....partially restoring the database via MythWeb 1 day and back in business with MythWelcome :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:24 am 
Update Yesterday I had a similar issue again the symptom is "MythWelcome Shutdown Auto Shutdown in 30 seconds" stops working.

The Situation
Had a couple of SD shows in process of transcoding. When the transcoding finished I used MythWeb to move the shows to my Arch Storage Box and deleted the HD NFL Preseason Game. Manually cleared out a que so it was empty. But once again the symptom "Mythwelcome auto shutting down in 30 seconds" stops working

MythWelcome Shutdown has been working fine since last month and my recording schedule on Friday was light. So when I manually delete a job from the que (transcoding, commercial flagging, etc). Even though it is removed from the list it would seem that it database does not get the message

Could it be tied up with deleting the HD file?

Rolling back the database one day in time clears the inconsistency.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:44 am 
Tip

You might have Phantom shows in MythWeb that you can't delete. This is bad because it eats up the space of your drive and it also mucks up Mythwelcome shutdown.

This script sorts it out,

find / -name find_orphans.py

works good